Which of your lights seems to be the toughest? Least tough?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Toughest? . . . Pretty much any of my SureFires. Hard to pick one tough light from a small army of tough lights.

Least toughest? . . . My old 3D M@glite that I kept under the seat of my car for 3 years. It got zero use. One day, I went to check to see if it needed new batteries. Wouldn't light up. Unscrewed the tailcap, couldn't screw it back on. Went to inspect the bulb for damage, and couldn't screw the bezel back on. My main emergency light in my car literally fell apart in my hands! After literally doing nothing but riding underneath the front seat of my car for 3 years.

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
I have an old Maglite 5 D that I have completely mistreated a number of times. Terrible scars all over it but no dents. The plastic lens is wasted but it keeps on going. I said that I would never use it again after the batteries ran out but I replaced the bulb with an LED and it just keeps running.
My PD30 R2 has been purposely tossed on the concrete or tile at least a dozen times to show my friends how tough they are and it hardly even shows any scratches at all.
My least tough lights are the cheapy key chain lights people have bought me for presents. They are all gone.

jorgen

Enlightened
all my Peak Led Solution models are incredibly sturdy. Least dependable are early Nitecore and lenslight version 1 2xAA. The early Nitecores suffer from parasitic drain and the lenslight cuts itself off unexpectedly.

lwknight

Enlightened
Well, thats going to be hard to say what is toughest. Most of these lights today are not all that old yet.
I have abused my 3D maglight since 1980 and its still doing fine.

harro

Enlightened
Not that i use it often, but my Fenix TK20 is built pretty heavy. Unscrew the tailcap and look at the thickness of the battery compartment wall. I think i saw an add. for it once with a small tank driving over one ( but i stand to be corrected on that point ).

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nearly all of my lights have stood up well.

This is going back a ways but I did have a problem with threads giving out on the Nightcutter 2xCR123 lights. They were cool lights for their time with interchangeable heads. I think it was the shortest 2xCR123 light never produced. I still have a few in good working order but I don't use them anymore.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nearly all of my lights have stood up well.

This is going back a ways but I did have a problem with threads giving out on the Nightcutter 2xCR123 lights. They were cool lights for their time with interchangeable heads. I think it was the shortest 2xCR123 light never produced. I still have a few in good working order but I don't use them anymore.

I remember Nightcutter. They had one model I really liked but didn't get a chance to acquire before the company decided to no longer produce lights for the average consumer. It was an improvement over the bullet-proof Inova X5. Beefy pocket-carry clip, checkering over the body, even a protective bezel over the 5 LEDs. It's unfortunate that they quit making lights for consumer consumption.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only lights that I have that truly get's a beating are the lights on my key ring! So I'll say it's my V10R. My T1A has been dropped a few times so far, and I'm confident that it'll take it's position along side of the V10R as my toughest lights.

The least toughest, well I threw that one in a dumpster! It was a Fenix E11!

jruser

Newly Enlightened
The toughest I own are the Quark Regular/Tactical series. I have used the 123, AA, AA2, and 18650 tubes and all variations are solid.

The least tough was the Mini Maglite LED 3AA model. The electronics completely failed with very little usage.