"Who brings a flashlight to class anyways?"

Fluffster

Newly Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
I getthe same thing when Im trying to find my cell phone from my pocket and starts laying lights out on the table, then pocket knifes, then keys, then multimeters before I find my phone and my gaze meets stares:ohgeez:
Multimeters? I clearly need bigger pockets! Maybe I'll start wearing a tactical 5.11 vest so I can haul around a soldering station too! :D

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
I hade a simler experence in math class last year, person in the row behind me qushtoned me carrering a light. I just turned it around on him by asking "what you dont?". FYI last day of the quarter we lost power during the final. Ower class was in a basment classroom with no windows. LOL ya so I turned on the light and we were able to make an ourdley exit out of the room. Afterwords I asked the person where his light was, he just looked at me confused.... Oh well.

Illum

Flashaholic
KE7AYF said:
I hade a simler experence in math class last year, person in the row behind me qushtoned me carrering a light. I just turned it around on him by asking "what you dont?". FYI last day of the quarter we lost power during the final. Ower class was in a basment classroom with no windows. LOL ya so I turned on the light and we were able to make an ourdley exit out of the room. Afterwords I asked the person where his light was, he just looked at me confused.... Oh well.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:nice

Sometimes I wonder why people dont set their priorities straight....people are shocked I would pay $200 for a flashlight [A2] and I would be shocked they paid $300 for a pair of sunglasses:ohgeez:

stuff like this http://www.backcountry.com/store/MAU0032/c3/s9/Maui-Jim-Whaler-Sunglasses-Polarized.html

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
I love having a flashlight when someone else needs it. its funny how people always question someone for carring one.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bjorn Keizers

Newly Enlightened
I got a fresh 'Why are you carrying a flashlight?" yesterday :)

I work at a radio station; one of the female coworkers misplaced her handbag. We have a few tables and big desks set up with lots of inconvenient dark spaces. So, I reach back and unholster The Light - the Fenix L2D-CE.

"Wow, CSI on the scene!" chimes in coworker #1, as I thumb the clickie to Turbo mode. Followed by #2 with the ever-ready "Why do you carry a flashlight?" I dive halfway under the nearest desk... "To shed some light on our current predicament."

Of course, the handbag was located promptly :D

Honestly, you'd think the purpose of a flashlight is pretty obvious... Oh well. :laughing:

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow $300? Dang... i'd say maybe $100-200. But $300 is kind of pushing it for me. lol
The most expensive sunglasses I have were gifted to me (my friend worked at a store selling them -- told me I could pick the one that looked the best and he'd pay), $60 marked down from $125. Even that's an extremely steep markup, but they are good polarized lenses and I like them as they don't distort color at all.

Illum

Flashaholic
2xTrinity said:
The most expensive sunglasses I have were gifted to me (my friend worked at a store selling them -- told me I could pick the one that looked the best and he'd pay), $60 marked down from $125. Even that's an extremely steep markup, but they are good polarized lenses and I like them as they don't distort color at all.

:wow: nice deal to jump on.

people rarely ask me questions about flashlights anymore...simply because they're out of sight....when I take them out to use, thats where the conversations begin..."Why did you bring a flashlight to class?":ohgeez:

h_nu

Enlightened
My employer gave everyone package that contained a small LED keychain light powered by 3 or 4 button cells and it had a biner clip end. I see lots of people at work carry it. Several people put their keys on their desks and some have solitaires. The package also contained ball point pens with blue LED's inside. They are very popular playthings.

Now no one thinks I am strange for carrying my P1D CE. There are several people carrying their Mag AA in a holster and they claim they always did. Flashaholism is contagious.

GregWormald

Enlightened
I have often been asked "Why carry a flashlight?"
Today at work the power was out for over 2 hours and I was the only one who could find the fridge in the kitchen (or use the toilets without stumbling). It was amazing how many people said "Shine that over here please." and being the nice guy I am, I did.
Greg

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
GregWormald said:
I have often been asked "Why carry a flashlight?"
Today at work the power was out for over 2 hours and I was the only one who could find the fridge in the kitchen (or use the toilets without stumbling). It was amazing how many people said "Shine that over here please." and being the nice guy I am, I did.
Greg

Next time the power fails just tell them you carry one because Tesla didn't tap the zero point, or if he did he obviously didn't let us know about it.:laughing:

Illum

Flashaholic
seems like we only gets compliments when there is a blackout...if not, theres only ridicule...and I've been criticized even when there is a blackout:ohgeez:

sometimes I feel like teaching some people to.... :twak:

tussery

Enlightened
Another one as good as carrying a flashlight all the time is putting gloves in the glove box of your car. Upon opening it people will ask "Why do you have gloves in your glove box?"

Illum

Flashaholic
tussery said:
Another one as good as carrying a flashlight all the time is putting gloves in the glove box of your car. Upon opening it people will ask "Why do you have gloves in your glove box?"

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

theres a magnificant stack of insurance papers...pics of hot girls, scratch paper, two flashlights and an extra pair of socks...no gloves:ohgeez: I dont know why they call it a "glove box"

I had a magnesium flare tube and two single use ice packs in there once...but they've been used since then.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually am taking a college physics class right now, and we were talking about optics. The professor was doing a demonstration on light pipes with the room lights off (shining a green laser through a big light pipe to demonstrate refraction), and in the meantime some fiber optics were being passed around. I turned on my modified Vinet running a Cree at 1A and connected one end of the fiber bundle to the bezel, and used the other to light up the area around my desk. The professor stopped his demo, and asked me on the spot where he could buy that LED light. I ended up selling him one of my modified Elly flashlights :D

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
tussery said:

Goes back to the George Carlin thing about parking in driveways and driving on parkways.

In the winter, I park my wife's van in the garage. I've had friends come over and ask, "What's that van doing in the garage?" Up here, in the 'burbs, nobody parks their car in the garage, the garage is for stuff, not cars.

Randy

Illum

Flashaholic
2xTrinity said:
I actually am taking a college physics class right now, and we were talking about optics. The professor was doing a demonstration on light pipes with the room lights off (shining a green laser through a big light pipe to demonstrate refraction), and in the meantime some fiber optics were being passed around. I turned on my modified Vinet running a Cree at 1A and connected one end of the fiber bundle to the bezel, and used the other to light up the area around my desk. The professor stopped his demo, and asked me on the spot where he could buy that LED light. I ended up selling him one of my modified Elly flashlights :D

must've been a pretty thick optic cable:naughty:...ones i saw in my physics class is hair thin....I can shove about 5 in my laser pointer window before I can see the effect:ohgeez: