why do so many people hate the united states.

zorba

Enlightened
Well said people.
Id say that here in Greece, it is illegal NOT to vote and you could face a serious penalty.
The best way for the people to manipulate the governments of all the democratic world is by voting.
I dont care who you are going to vote in the next presidential ellections in the US but it is very sad to see that after each election in the US only 45% of voters bothered going to vote.
You guys are the citizens of the only superpower left in the world. Dont make the world a worse place for us to live.
And by us I mean evrybody.
The fuel economy thing is very simple I think. As far as there are adequate oil reserves in the Arabian world, I dont think that the oil companies will bother evolving alternative energy sources and will even sabotage the people that will create such things.

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
"...and will even sabotage the people that will create such things."

I totally agree. I would go into a lot of real world examples of this, but then everybody really would just ignore everything that I've just said up to this point in order to do the easy (and lazy) thing and simply write me off as a "conspiracy theorist".

Well, I've got news for you folks, conspiracy is everywhere that there is money and power involved and if you see no conspiracy at all in life then you are just ignoring the facts. It is almost an immutable law of nature that when a crooked person, group of persons, corporation, you name it, has money and/or power that they will do all that is within their ability to retain that money and/or power, and will usually go to great lengths to cover this fact up. If you go through life with this simple assumption in mind, it makes it a lot easier to see what is really going on out there behind the scenes.