Wolf Eyes Krait: aspherical lens spot to flood flashlight!

chenko

Enlightened
Hello :wave:, just found this new flashlight for sale on various web sites (Europe), it is a Wolf Eyes flashlight and it's model name il "Krait".
Never heard of that! :shakehead

4988.jpg

It is a 2xAA light with Cree R2 led, good runtime and brightness specs (as good as many others), 4 power levels with strobe etc... but what really got me is the aspherical lens and spot to throw capability!! :)

Now that sounds interesting. :) Anyone here have clues, links to reviews, beamshots and the like? Already did a research on CPF with no results.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
I did not reply because I did a full internet search and found nothing, except for your picture on FlashlightShop.com. But they showed only stats and no beam shots or how it works, etc. I even went to the Wolf-Eyes website. I also looked at each picture to see if the name may have been different. No luck.

This is the little bit I found.
Specifications:
- Brightness: 220Lumens (highest output when powered by wolf-eyes Li-FE AA battery)
-Runtime: 50umens(5.2hrs)->9lumens(69hrs)->100lumens(11.5hrs)->
Li-Fe AA Battery: 150lumens(2.5 hrs)->220lumens(70minutes with regulated output)-> strobe
-Body:Aerospace-grade Aluminum body
-Reflector: OP aluminum reflector.
-Finish: HA III Military grade hard anodized in black

- Lamp: Cree R2 LED- Lamp Assembly 0.8-4.2V.
- Switch: Rapid switch between Morse-on and lock-on with over 50,000 times life cycle.
- Water proof. IPX-8 standard
- Beam: Special design of flawless beam, perfect light sources for photo taking.
- Focusing: 5°- 48°adjustable
- Weight without battery: 80g
- Length: 155mm
- Body diameter: 18mm
- Head diameter: 30mm
- Tail diameter: 22mm
- Operation Temperature: -25℃-60℃

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
In late 2009 or early 2010, Wolf Eyes introduced its first 2AA flashlight (torch), the Wolf Eyes A2. But the Krait appears to be a different design, both in body and lens.

This photo appears on the A2 page at Wolf Eyes Australia.

[Hot-linked image removed - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Finally some news: specifics came out on the official site. Seems like the best one could ask from a 2xAA light. Am I wrong?
Look here: http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/Krait%20Detail.html

Aspherical lens:
Krait%20small-1.jpg

And focusing ability (5°- 48°adjustable):
Krait%20small-2.jpg

I'm kinda drooling. :eek:oo:

I've been really anxious to find a WELL MADE flood to throw with aspherical lens made by a quality company. I cannot understand why the major manufacturers leave an entire category of lights to the DX specials etc.

BTW, I like the looks of the Australian version better but no biggie.

I just wish this were 2 X CR123 or 1 X 18650. Well, maybe if this one is popular they'll make it in other power configs.

Also, I'm much more interested in Lux than lumens for an aspherical. I wish they listed throw numbers.

I probably won't be able to wait though...need to run out and buy another pre-paid VISA card! .....except....where can I buy it and what does it cost?

Last edited:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
chenko said there are many of it in some european websites. In a cursory search I found it in the Flashaholic webstore. :popcorn:

Its really a pity that PTS no longer sell the full line of WE's lights.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
chenko said there are many of it in some european websites. In a cursory search I found it in the Flashaholic webstore. :popcorn:

Its really a pity that PTS no longer sell the full line of WE's lights.

What's Flashaholic Webstore? Never heard of it.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
The Krait is a pretty neat little flashlight. I was surprised when I first saw one, the pictures make it look larger than it really is. The Krait focuses by moving the head forward and back kinda like a Coast. I'll try and post some pictures next to some known flashlights for size reference later today. The Krait has a reverse clicky but on our website there is a mistake and it says forward click switch, I just wanted to mention that before I get 20 emails asking about the discrepence ;)

chenko

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
The Krait is a pretty neat little flashlight. I was surprised when I first saw one, the pictures make it look larger than it really is. The Krait focuses by moving the head forward and back kinda like a Coast. I'll try and post some pictures next to some known flashlights for size reference later today. The Krait has a reverse clicky but on our website there is a mistake and it says forward click switch, I just wanted to mention that before I get 20 emails asking about the discrepence ;)

So you have one? :party:
It would be nothing less than AWESOME to see some beamshots! :twothumbs So we could understand how the focusing system works! Damn, I'm so poor. :broke:

recDNA

Flashaholic
So you have one? :party:
It would be nothing less than AWESOME to see some beamshots! :twothumbs So we could understand how the focusing system works! Damn, I'm so poor. :broke:

YES, YES, YES. I wish we could get some idea of lux. With a good aspherical lens and over 200 lumens the throw COULD be terrific.

Oh well I'll see soon enough. Just ordered one. Can't wait.

The Wolf-Eyes original ad says best output with Wolf-Eyes Li-Fe batteries.

I assume they mean batteries like L91's? (LiFeDS)

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
What the heck does il Krait mean? I'm guessing "the snake".

Last edited:

makapuu

Enlightened
Yep, waiting for some beamshots.
Couple of questions in the meantime.
I went to the PTS site to look up some details.
Does the light have a OP reflector ? Usually asphericals work better without one.
Is the optics glass or plastic ?
Will there be a 18650 version or will different body tubes become available since the voltage range goes up to 4.2.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm just hoping that due to its aspherical lens the Krait will out-throw my little Romisen RC-C6 II and my Eagletac T20C2 R2 version.