Would you purchase an Elzetta AAA!?

Would you be interested in a single cell AAA Elzetta?

• YES!

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would consider it, ESPECIALLY if they offered a nice, neutral XP-L (rather than all those nasty cool white XP-Gs and XP-Es that everyone offers). Regardless, I think American flashlight manufacturers NEED to move away from CR123s. Or at least start to offer lights that take other cells. CR123 used to be the ONLY way to go. But nowadays, they are VERY limiting.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a side note, I just a while ago had the overwhelming urge to head to REI to grab a Fenix E05 - 85 lumens.

Got there, turned around and wanted something beefer.

True story.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same thought... "they're describing a Peak"

There may perhaps be some small similarities with what I mentioned but being this is a pure vaporware, hypothetical light it can morph into anything the thread desires.

A single mode Elzetta AAA would resemble nothing of a Peak. That said, it could be any kind of switch - UI

The thread is all about what if Elzetta dropped an AAA light out of the sky? What would we want? What would it look like? Would we buy it?

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I might prefer a AA version instead. More capacity for more lumens. :D

But AAA version woukd be nice too.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
FC, I thought more last night about this Elzetta Dream AAA

It would also need to have some weapons mount system. True to their core! They could make a mount that only took up 1/2 Picatinny rail. Meaning it would only clamp on one of the top or lower bars. Know what I mean? You would also have the option of a sleek, quick release low profile offset mount. I would draw out what I am talking about, but I can't draw and the thread would turn into bashing St8stroke's child like art work! lol

Then maybe a paper thin pressure switch.

My best idea: A fully sectioned lego body that you can add or remove a additional AAA tube and make it a single AAA or double AAA cell light. Then wait, get this, another segment in the body to make it a 10280 cell! How crazy cool would that be.

Last but not least: A removable SCREW ON CLIP, that is tapped and drilled and threaded and can be mounted with either bezel up or bezel down carry! You would have stainless screws to fill the holes that the clip are not in. Keeping it water resistant.

LED tint on this light I would keep simple: Looking for most efficient, I say a neutral or cool white output on a weapons light is fine with me. Also, I like the TIR lens that they use on the Alpha too.

Ok, I had fun day dreaming there FC. Fun thread

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree I would go for a AA version over a AAA but either would be fine just so I could afford to buy one and have an Elzetta.

I like St8stroke's idea of a weapons mount. If it was small enough it could be designed similar to Safariland's Rapid Light System so that it could go from a hand held light to quickly attaching to a firearm, the small size would make it comfortable to have on a pistol

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same thought... "they're describing a Peak"

Me too; an overbuilt simple twist, mediumish single mode (one of the low output numbers without qtc), high quality, MiUSA etc.

Or if with a clicky as some have requested, the streamlight protac aaa that avscience just made me aware of only last night- can even program it to 70l single output mode too.

w1xyyu.jpg

lol that switch boot

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
If it had the following...

1. The user's option of cool or NW tint.
2. Doesn't leak.
3. Potted electronics.
4. Has reliable mode changing.
5. A real low mode.
6. Can take all AAAs without fitting issues.

Seems easy enough....... :whistle:

fnsooner

Enlightened
I carried an AAA light for a couple of years as a back up to my main EDC, mostly as a key chain light. It was either an LD01, LD01SS or a preon. They were all tough lights and never gave me any problems, so the added toughness is not needed for my needs.

Eventually, I quit carrying an AAA light because I never actually used it. My main EDC light, which I have used and abused, has never given me problems.

So, I voted no on two counts. I don't use AAA lights any more and if I did I don't need the extra beefiness of the Elzetta.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

I prefer AA as well.

We are getting lots of these. How bout an AA that comes with an AAA spacer? Dual fuel! Man, should have made it "Would you buy an AA or AAA Elzetta?" I bet that would pull some numbers.

It would also need to have some weapons mount system. True to their core! They could make a mount that only took up 1/2 Picatinny rail. Meaning it would only clamp on one of the top or lower bars. Know what I mean? You would also have the option of a sleek, quick release low profile offset mount. I would draw out what I am talking about, but I can't draw and the thread would turn into bashing St8stroke's child like art work! lol

Then maybe a paper thin pressure switch.

My best idea: A fully sectioned lego body that you can add or remove a additional AAA tube and make it a single AAA or double AAA cell light. Then wait, get this, another segment in the body to make it a 10280 cell! How crazy cool would that be.

Last but not least: A removable SCREW ON CLIP, that is tapped and drilled and threaded and can be mounted with either bezel up or bezel down carry! You would have stainless screws to fill the holes that the clip are not in. Keeping it water resistant.

LED tint on this light I would keep simple: Looking for most efficient, I say a neutral or cool white output on a weapons light is fine with me. Also, I like the TIR lens that they use on the Alpha too.

Ok, I had fun day dreaming there FC. Fun thread

Thats a fantastic idea. 1 or 2 body cell with the option of a lion body.
I was also thinking possibly a 2 cells side buy side like Underwater Kinetics but with a centered optic. Can function off 1 or 2 cells.... Slide switch.
I know that might sound familiar, but refuse to clutter up our thread with that other brand. A potted ,rounded - rectangular, hunk of machined Elzetta sounds cool. Perhaps in a handheld format with a weapon mount option?

I carried an AAA light for a couple of years as a back up to my main EDC, mostly as a key chain light. It was either an LD01, LD01SS or a preon. They were all tough lights and never gave me any problems, so the added toughness is not needed for my needs.
Eventually, I quit carrying an AAA light because I never actually used it. My main EDC light, which I have used and abused, has never given me problems.

So, I voted no on two counts. I don't use AAA lights any more and if I did I don't need the extra beefiness of the Elzetta.

Thanks for the thorough explanation. I have a different experience, if Im in a rush and run out the door without my Malkoff MDC, I'd like something bombproof on my keychain. I haven't seen an AAA light under $100 that meets my expectations, not that there aren't a lot of great AAA's. I want something potted with the robustness of an E01 with a nice versatile beam, that has nothing on it to fail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.