Would you purchase an Elzetta AAA!?

Would you be interested in a single cell AAA Elzetta?

• YES!

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Sure, I'd go for one. I don't have an Elzetta yet and I like small lights.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
so something the size and shape of an old school pager to hold 2 cells? that seems more interesting to me

kj2

Flashaholic
Don't think Elzetta is willing to drop the lithium CR123 batteries. Had a talk with them, and they won't consider 18650 as an option. So the possibility for an AAA/AA light, is almost zero, I think.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't think Elzetta is willing to drop the lithium CR123 batteries. Had a talk with them, and they won't consider 18650 as an option. So the possibility for an AAA/AA light, is almost zero, I think.

Interesting. But even if X Company says theres no way they would produce X....thats not entirely accurate....

873 views in less that 24 hours. Lets say half of those are genuine potential customers and we got poll results of 300 for Yes - 73 for Maybe - and 100 for No.....

All in 24 hours, I bet this may change the way they look at an AAA format.

ALL CONJECTURE:

Me, Im a gambler, If I owned X Company, using this thread for numbers.... just based on the page views and the current dedicated fan base, I'd crank out a limited run of 500 units as a tester @ $69.00

Now say we only make $10 a light after all the expenses are paid bringing the light to fruition...... It may not be a fortune, but we didn't loose money and we would know theres a market and depending how savvy you are with production costs, you can reintroduce it as a permanent light to the lineup with some refinements and user feedback. Figure out a way to lower production costs...

Another way to do it, simply send out a quick poll email to gauge the interest of people that have already purchased lights from you.... Who knows....Maybe theres a Military outfit that has no idea about CPF but can use an AAA light in their issued equipment. They have 1500 in thier devision.... you could even make a helmet mount option for it...

:shrug:

Esko

Enlightened
Not interested in current Elzetta products for multiple reasons.

However, interested in good quality AAA flashlights, so, maybe... :shrug:

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened
I love me a quality AAA flashlight. It may be more than I'd be willing to spend for one right now, but I would definitely be interested. The same goes for an AA model, providing it isn't too bulky.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
FC, The only problem I can thing of with small runs would be the R&D costs that a company like Elezetta would have to do. I don't think they would be willing to stamp their name on a Niche light that may have a small market. Imagine if that light were to have a problem that wasn't worked out. Or the average customer (who doesn't know lights) orders it and says, why the heck and I wasting money on a light with the stupid options I don't want. So they follow the KISS formula.
Ok, maybe I am wrong. lol they do offer tons of options on their lights now and don't keep it very simple. It is already confusing enough. HA! I give up! Your right.

FLfrk: So you would be willing to buy a Elzetta AAA then??

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
FC, The only problem I can thing of with small runs would be the R&D costs that a company like Elezetta would have to do. I don't think they would be willing to stamp their name on a Niche light that may have a small market. Imagine if that light were to have a problem that wasn't worked out. Or the average customer (who doesn't know lights) orders it and says, why the heck and I wasting money on a light with the stupid options I don't want. So they follow the KISS formula.
Ok, maybe I am wrong. lol they do offer tons of options on their lights now and don't keep it very simple. It is already confusing enough. HA! I give up! Your right.

FLfrk: So you would be willing to buy a Elzetta AAA then??

In regards to R&D.... the simpler the light the less R&D needed. Thats why I was leaning towards a potted - beefy - single mode - E05ish tank light.....
Would keep cost to a minimum, single mode shouldn't be pricey to figure out, they could skip the reflector all together, mule style. That combined with machining, I just don't see it prohibitively expensive especially if there is a market, which we seen that there's definitely a demand for a quality USA made, Military grade AAA....That just works...

That said, I don't know squat. It all depends on how a company is set up, what sort of relationships they have with their vendors, the talent they have in design.... a million factors....thats just a general statement... Company X.....

The best way to gauge interest would be a simple email campaign with current clients. This would be the most prudent choice.

If in doubt, Kickstarter.....Elzetta would nail it...they are great salesman. :p

Now Im way OT: Would you buy an Elzetta AAA!?

Last edited:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think people are willing to pay Elzetta prices for a AAA light. Other than Peak and Surefires latest failure, high cost AAA's are kind of rare.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think people are willing to pay Elzetta prices for a AAA light. Other than Peak and Surefires latest failure, high cost AAA's are kind of rare.

We know that people are willing to pay $60 for a USA made AAA light. ( I took a vow of silence in regards to X brand ).

Now if we can get a tank like version that is as solid as the E01, has a beam that is at least as good as an E05, with the look and feel of an Elzetta....

We hit over 1,000 views in less than 24 hours..... I looked at a single youtube video on the E05, 38,000 views......People like AAA... and a lot of people Love USA....

I think it would be a slam dunk.......:shrug:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not too sure about single mode and mule style Forrest. I would love to see an AAA Elzetta but it definitely needs to have at least 2 modes of output and spot a useable throw distance of about 15 to 20 yards. Mule is not going to cut that. Would be nice if there are springs on both sides of the battery contacts, and neutral tint or high CRI.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not too sure about single mode and mule style Forrest. I would love to see an AAA Elzetta but it definitely needs to have at least 2 modes of output and spot a useable throw distance of about 15 to 20 yards. Mule is not going to cut that. Would be nice if there are springs on both sides of the battery contacts, and neutral tint or high CRI.

Yes, Im aware, my POV isn't the post popular and if it did ever happen it would likely be much different.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
If there was one, I'd snap it up without thinking.

I'm thinking a real rugged AAA light with three or four modes: 1lm, 10lm 50lm, 85lm or something like that. Lower modes, runtime and durability should be top priorities for a light like this. But that's just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.