Your Favourite Zebralight and Why ???

saypat

Enlightened
my favorite Zebralight is my, unfortunately, only Zebralight. It is the H302W. I got it on sale, a rarity for a Zebralight. Amazing little light, will light up a whole room! The flood is amazing. I'm going to also get the H602W now that they are on sale. I cannot imagine the flood on this one, although I have seen it in Stephano's wonderful videos!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
What tints do most prefer???
I've been mostly a 'w' tint fan, but that has to do with tint and output and beam and so much stuff. Out of the 'c' vs. 'd' lights of the past I've preferred the 'd' most often. With other lights and stuff early rebels and other Hi CRI lights I think I tend toward 5K color temp, but I'm OK from 4-5K. Outdoors I do tens to like things a little warmer. I'm generally not a cool color temp person, but I recently picked up a couple of 'white lights' and they are a lot better than they were a few years back. PK-PL2 is OK, quite nice indoors, but I do notice it still a little cool for outdoors, but not as bad as I thought. I think it may be a little warmer than its spec.

I remember on the 62 series I chose the w over the d for EDC many due to beam and lumen output in different situations. The 'd' version was the nicer tint and smother beam though. in the 62 series I have w, c, and d. To me it also rendered better than the 'c' version both to my eye and to some photos I had lit with them.

The current H600Fw III XHP35 seems a little [cooler] [I mean warmer] than the previous w versions, but it's a very nice light.

Really have to line them up now as all the zebra have slightly different renderings. Basically since Neutral tints started to be offered, I've not bought anything else except this year just to see where the cooler whites were at. I've not seen any recent Zebra in cool white yet, but I have a SC5 on the way just because I didn't need the light so I thought I'd get it in cool for something different.

Update/Correction: I have the SC63 coming in standard/white tint because it's redundant for me otherwise and I have the SC5Fd coming just for fun.

Last edited:

dreze888

Newly Enlightened
SC600w MKII L2 Neutral White for me. Actually chose it over the new MK3 for the protected cell. Absolutely love it!

Witterings

Enlightened
StandardBattery ... cheers for that ... just interesting to hear what any why people prefer one to the other to see if I'm missing something.

I was just looking at the sc62w vs the sc 63w is it the same light but one's the newer version and just that couple of mm shorter or are there any other differences I've missed???

TA_ls1

Enlightened
The SC600 MKIII HI, it fits my every need. It's not just my favorite Zebralight, it's my favorite light I've ever owned.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC600w Mk III Hi so much power,so much run time,whats not to like :D I have many zebra lights, do they make a headlight version of this :candle:
C

TCY

Enlightened
I'm gonna come back to this thread and say SC600Fd III Plus in maybe 4 weeks :D

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight: the flashlight that got me addicted to flashlights. I first got an SC5w, then a MKIII NW. I sometimes use other lights with higher CRI or more exotic materials, but then I go back to ZL and wonder why I bothered buying anything else.

Have to say I like the MKIII better - amazed by the brightness of H1 combined with the selection of dim modes. Thinking of selling the SC5 to get a more EDC friendly SC52. Need to get a headlamp as well.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to choose between my various Zebralights. My favorite would have to be the MK3 HI with its great tint, good throw, compact size and knurling. They're all great little lights though :)

tops2

Enlightened
From the ones I own (I have only 2), my favorite is the H600Fd. Favorite thing is the flood, tint, flood, high CRI, and flood..wait did I mention flood? Lol..after seeing the comparison between the different versions between the standard H600, H600F and H602, I went with the flood. I did try the magic tape method with my SC5w and liked the flood a lot. I thought if I got the standard version, I'd just do the magic tape 99% of the time..so might as well get the flood headlamp and not both with the tape. The main drawback is with flood, I do lose throw. And having a headlamp is so versatile in all the way you can clip the light..even though the main distadvantage is finding a comfortable position hand holding the light when walking straight (strange huh?) I did consider the SC63w/SC62w too, but thought heck, they're about the same size and weight and a lot of people recommend a headlamp that double as a handheld light..so lets just try the H600Fd since so many talk about it.

The next Zebralight for me to get is the Plus. I'm pretty much sold on this light..but hope I didn't set my expectations too high on this... My main hope is with raw lumens (especially over the H600Fd), it'll throw far enough for me. If it throw far enough for me, I'll stop (or hopefully reduce) considering the other versions for now.

Please show me the vast array of lights that make the Zebralights "large for the cels they use"

I think someone has you fooled or the images you have seen has led to you fooling yourself..

EDIT: Go see Selfbuilts reviews; the images speak for themselves; if there was something smaller I am confident he would have shown us a comparison.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...650)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO-and-more!

Going back to reviews of the previous generations, you can clearly see each and every one was a class leader when released in regards to size to output, output to runtime and size to runtime ratios...

Personally, the Zebralight SC5w is too large for me for an AA light. Especially in the pocket, the SC5w is a beast (to me) in comparison with the SC52w. The SC5w is still an awesome light..just a bit big.

I'm gonna come back to this thread and say SC600Fd III Plus in maybe 4 weeks :D

Lol.. If it works out to my expectation, it may become my favorite as well.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
The next Zebralight for me to get is the Plus. I'm pretty much sold on this light..but hope I didn't set my expectations too high on this... My main hope is with raw lumens (especially over the H600Fd), it'll throw far enough for me. If it throw far enough for me, I'll stop (or hopefully reduce) considering the other versions for now.

My thoughts as well. I've always been more of a flood-throw mix person, leaning towards flood. Now I'm starting to lean a bit more towards the throw. Just a little. So I may be slightly disappointed with the Plus, but it will still be a great light. Worse case scenario it becomes an indoor light, like a nightstand light. A $99 nightstand light :)

TCY

Enlightened
Off the topic here, but I did some researches throughout the waiting period and found out that the plus will still have some throw.

If memory serves, below are beamshots of H600FW mk3 and H600Fd mk3 from Taschenlampen forum.
nw1ocuwy.jpg

nw2wfuqi.jpg

Notice the frosted version has less throw but we still see the bush at the end of the walkway.

My guess is that, the plus has a slightly larger head (SC600 MK3 housing), given that XML-2 easywhite and XHP50 are of the same size, the plus version will have a bit more throw than the floody headlamp.

Which should be throwy enough for me.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
H600fc hicri.
Nice tint. Hi cri. Plenty bright. And the beampattern is fantastic :)

neil944

Newly Enlightened
H600Fd barely edges out the SC600 HI. The HI is a fantastic light to be sure, but I find myself reaching for the slimmer headlamp most of the time.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a SC32w for easier EDC. I have a H302w that I love in my hunting bag.

RTTR

Newly Enlightened
H600Fd barely edges out the SC600 HI. The HI is a fantastic light to be sure, but I find myself reaching for the slimmer headlamp most of the time.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a SC32w for easier EDC. I have a H302w that I love in my hunting bag.

The sc32w is the one I have myself eying for the fact it's small and all my other EDC lights are cr123. Makes for easy swapping around

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at the sc62w vs the sc 63w is it the same light but one's the newer version and just that couple of mm shorter or are there any other differences I've missed???
I've not been following CPF for a couple of years, rarely stop until this week, but I don't think you have missed anything. To me the important thing is not the slightly reduced length, but the fact that you lose compatibility with a great many nice protected cells you may own and even some unprotected ones like the classic Panasonic NCR18650B. This is a big price to pay for essentially 2mm. I have to say in my mind the SC63 was one of Zebralight's first mistakes. The SC62 sold out fast this week at the discount price, but I'd watch for it to come back in stock and go for that one; better light and better price. My SC63 also came with mismatch anodizing on the tailcap, it being darker than the rest of the light (more like the new 600 series, very nice, but not matched). I've never had that on Zebralight before I don't think. It's not a big deal, but just one more thing that tells me to stick with the 62 over the 63. Later SC62 lights may also be darker (the entire light) compared to earlier ones). The double spring in the light makes the light more robust and safer in impact scenarios. The SC62 series is a classic, I think the 63 series is a step back. YMMV

Last edited:

Witterings

Enlightened
I've not been following CPF for a couple of years, rarely stop until this week, but I don't think you have missed anything. To me the important thing is not the slightly reduced length, but the fact that you lose compatibility with a great many nice protected cells you may own and even some unprotected ones like the classic Panasonic NCR18650B. This is a big price to pay for essentially 2mm. I have to say in my mind the SC63 was one of Zebralight's first mistakes. The SC62 sold out fast this week at the discount price, but I'd watch for it to come back in stock and go for that one; better light and better price. My SC63 also came with mismatch anodizing on the tailcap, it being darker than the rest of the light (more like the new 600 series, very nice, but not matched). I've never had that on Zebralight before I don't think. It's not a big deal, but just one more thing that tells me to stick with the 62 over the 63. Later SC62 lights may also be darker (the entire light) compared to earlier ones). The double spring in the light makes the light more robust and safer in impact scenarios. The SC62 series is a classic, I think the 63 series is a step back. YMMV

That's a bit spooky ... I was literally watching a video comparison of the 2, closed that screen and clicked in to see this post ... the video had also made me think much the same as your comments and personally for outdoor use I prefer a bit more throw which apparently the 62 has ... I wonder though if they're on sale if it's end of line and they may not be back again???

ronniepudding

Enlightened
A lot of love for the 600 series ZLs here :) My only ZL is my current favorite headlamp -- H52w. I use it nightly for reading bedtime stories to my 6 year old, for nighttime tasks around the house, and on camping trips. It's been very reliable despite a drop on the pavement, and it's relatively light and comfortable to wear. I have DC-fix on the lens that softens the hotspot enough to make it useful for up-close work, but still focused enough for walking over uneven terrain. It's a great all-around headlamp for my purposes, and I love the UI and tint.