Zebralight update

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Re: H60 18650 Zebralight in development.

May I enter an early plea that this time with the H60 they do NOT go for a complicated UI like the one on the H30.

How is the H30 UI complicated? Push button to turn on, push button again to turn off or push+hold button and release to set desired level.... I admit, I have only had my H30 for one day now, but I find this UI very easy to use. And I would be very disappointed if it wasn't on the next model.... Unless ofcourse that would have a Nitecore EX10 style UI :) ... Zebralight PD anyone? :naughty:

AvPD

Enlightened
H61 (reflectored headlamp) will be released next month and H60 (according to the closed thread) in two months.

I received that information on the 1st of July (but sat on it and was beaten to the punch and had my thread closed) so perhaps they have closed in on a more concrete date in the 6 days that passed.

Rzr800

Enlightened

How is the H30 UI complicated? Push button to turn on, push button again to turn off or push+hold button and release to set desired level.... I admit, I have only had my H30 for one day now, but I find this UI very easy to use. And I would be very disappointed if it wasn't on the next model.... Unless ofcourse that would have a Nitecore EX10 style UI :) ... Zebralight PD anyone? :naughty:

Personally, I'm not as interested in the medium levels as I used to be if the light isn't ultra high output regulated (enough to get very warm at that level) in the first place.

By and large I either want to see well in front of me (especially when used as a headlamp) or use the great quality low level light that we have finally managed to squeeze out of these latest LEDs to either conserve batteries or night vision. I also have gotten into the habit of having a fair of amount of batteries on hand...which kind of makes all of the other levels pretty much useless (I don't generally pick up a light unless my needs center around viewing objects just as well as possible).

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree,it is not complicated,however I also belive this UI would be better, 1st click low,2nd click med,3rd click high, click off any level and save that level simple.

Patriot

Flashaholic

I agree,it is not complicated,however I also belive this UI would be better, 1st click low,2nd click med,3rd click high, click off any level and save that level simple.
\

I also don't have a problem with the H30's UI. I'm enjoying the three levels and use medium quite a bit. The UI that TITAN describes would also be nice since mine would be set on medium most of the time.

smopoim86

Enlightened

I really love the current H30 UI and would hate to see it go. I tend to use medium and low the most but appreciate having high. I like everything about the H30 and just want a AA copy of it.

Zenster

Enlightened

I really love the current H30 UI and would hate to see it go. I tend to use medium and low the most but appreciate having high. I like everything about the H30 and just want a AA copy of it.

Then we'll put you down for an H501 too... :thumbsup:

HF

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

Then we'll put you down for an H501 too... :thumbsup:

HF
Just thinking here,where did the H501 come from :thinking: I don't see it in patriot36 list,do you mean H50 OR H 51? :shrug: This could become more confusing than the H30 UI. :whistle:

Last edited:

cat

Enlightened

It is not that the UI is complicated, it's that the switching caused problems. (If you don't know what I mean, a quick search will get you enough to read about it. That's why I - and probably a few hundred others - did not buy it.)

The PD switch - the piston switch - is too stiff for a tube mounted in a rubber bracket on a headband.

cat

Enlightened

May I enter an early plea that this time with the H60 they do NOT go for a complicated UI like the one on the H30. They read 1001 different ideas here when they asked for opinions on that one - it caused nothing but trouble and ended up satisfying very few.

It was crazy.

:toilet:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Are the folks who think the H30's UI is too complicated saying that because of the actual function or are your saying that it's too complicated because you are attributing the UI to the problems that occurs with the first batch of lights?

I think that the UI is very simple...one button, three modes. I'm wondering how I could still keep the three modes and have it work any easier. Maybe that's just it though and you would prefer two modes?

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is not that the UI is complicated, it's that the switching caused problems. (If you don't know what I mean, a quick search will get you enough to read about it. That's why I - and probably a few hundred others - did not buy it.)

The PD switch - the piston switch - is too stiff for a tube mounted in a rubber bracket on a headband.
They had a problem and quickly corrected it. To their credit, I think it gave us pretty good insight how the company responds to a problem.

I would not want to give up any of the three levels - they each serve a useful purpose for me. I'm happy with the switching - I can use it with or without gloves. If it can be 'improved' then I'm game, but why fix something that ain't broke?

Rzr800

Enlightened
"Are the folks who think the H30's UI is too complicated saying that because of the actual function or are your saying that it's too complicated because you are attributing the UI to the problems that occurs with the first batch of lights?.."

When confronted with the above; I'd have to say that my earlier comment revolved around my honestly skippping all of the countless pre-production speculation involving the UI; being less interested in the H30 to begin with and closing my mind to anything but high and low for reasons stated earlier. If I could further blame the above oversight on the problems that this light encountered also, I would...yet I wouldn't be as impressed with my fellow members for not calling me on it. :duh2: :oops:

If one can (still) operate any of these future interfaces with a fairly large gloved hand and keep the whole experience fairly simple...it'll be a winner in my mind, regardless.

cat

Enlightened

They had a problem and quickly corrected it. To their credit, I think it gave us pretty good insight how the company responds to a problem.

I would not want to give up any of the three levels - they each serve a useful purpose for me. I'm happy with the switching - I can use it with or without gloves. If it can be 'improved' then I'm game, but why fix something that ain't broke?

You're right. It's just that quite a few were already shipped out and it took a few weeks to work through all that.

A simple 3 level switch is what i want. No electronic circuit modes and "memory", or "push-hold". ....In other words, a switching function that can definitely be tested conclusively before any get shipped.

DM51

Flashaholic

A simple 3 level switch is what i want. No electronic circuit modes and "memory", or "push-hold". ....In other words, a switching function that can definitely be tested conclusively before any get shipped.
I agree 100%.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking I like the idea of a simple switch as well for a Zebralight. I've been on the fence about buying a 30 because of the way it switches.

ZebraLight

Enlightened
Where will the clicky be?
At the head same as the H30 or at the tail?

It will be nice if they made at the tail.

Then those having the older H50 can opt to buy the clicky tail as an upgrade.

So how, Zebralight, can it be done?

The H501 will have a clicky at the head, similar to the H30.

Rzr800

Enlightened
The H501 will have a clicky at the head, similar to the H30.

The post above is a perfect example of what is inherently 'wrong' with this forum.

All I need to see on any given day is this guy's signature on a current post...and it's nothing but :paypal: running through my mind in regards to whatever in the heck he might have to report.... :shakehead

It's not even about what model light is introduced 'first' anymore...but about how many hundreds of other guys are out there waiting to get in line in front of you.

I think that these upcoming lights are really going to change some people's minds as to how many lights that one actually needs on hand to get the average job done. Zebralight (and/ or a smart CPFer) is sure to start further accessorizing this line by creating some nifty mounts (on body and off) that will finally prove this point and the craziness is certain to start all over again. :buddies:

And believe me, this is all wrong....as it will be yet another addictive saga of "by gosh, this is the last light that I'll ever need!"...sadly all over again for me. :eek:

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Just in case the folks at ZL are reading this. . . .

The suggestion of an accessory clicky tailcap that could be used with the twisty H50 is great!