Best tri-lux alkaline vf bin?

Jon_L

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to construct an alkaline tri-lux for a friend who wouldn't want to deal with chargers, etc.

Using 3D alkaline cells in a 2D body (thanks VidPro), I'd use three TWOH parallel, relying on the resistance of the cells to limit current.

Or would it be better to use TWOJ leds ?

Thanks all

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a Tri lux light using three RW0H Lux I stars on 3 alkaline cells. It pulls about 1.12A initially so each star is seeing just over the 350ma which would be about ideal.

I haven't done a Tri Lux III yet, but I will... I'll likely use TW0Js or TW0Ks or TX0Js or TX0Ks.

Last edited:

VWTim

Enlightened
Not sure how you're fitting 3D's in a 2D w/o losing the switch. Here's the rundown of my tri Lux3:
2D body on 3C Alkaline
3x TWOJ
last current test I did after an initial run to take the initial float charge off the batteries was 2.4A, which puts the Lux3's at spec at 800mA each.
hth,

Jon_L

Newly Enlightened
VWTim: VidPro had an extensive posting showing the replacement of the bulky Mag switch with a small one out of a VCR allowing room for an extra D cell in the 2D body. Don't know why everyone doesn't do it when converting to LED.

Thank you and cratz2 for the current measurements. I'm still trying to figure it out.