what is wrong with my mouse

jbg23

Newly Enlightened
I have a toshiba notebook, with a touch pad mouse. I used to be able to scroll by sliding my finger up or down on the right side of the touch pad. It just stopped. anybody know why?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Out of the blue...do you have a "scroll lock" function on the pad or a little button near the main pad? Perhaps silly of me to ask, but I used to accidently hit mine and it kept locking me out of that function.

Do I even know what I'm talking about? Worth looking into maybe, perhaps...dunno?! :thinking:

jbg23

Newly Enlightened
No, I dont have that. I downloaded limewire and that is when it started

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
jbg23 said:
No, I dont have that. I downloaded limewire and that is when it started

why don't you remove limewire? it is the first part of troubleshooting.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know nothing about computers..
When my laptop did the exact same thing I updated the driver, now it works.
Find an update.

Tooner

Newly Enlightened
Ok I looked at my wifes Toshiba and it does not have a switch to turn off touch pad or features that I can find. But I would start by going to Control panel/ Hardware/Mouse. Click on Device Properties. This should pull up a window with the touch pad listed. Click on the Settings button. Select the Virtual Scrolling on the left side and make sure that it is enabled.

Edit* The Touchpad controls are more easily accessed on her laptop by clicking on the touch pad icon in the system tray. (Looks like a touchpad with a flashing green dot) Then click on Pointing Device Properties. Then on Device Settings.

Hope this helps!