What supplements, minerals, viatmins effect vision?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been taking supplements the past three years and managed to get out of the wheelchair from my muscular disease.

Ive taken a range of stuff and I find creadrive by GNC, their creatine supplement with uptake and energy drinks like red bull and monster seem to improve my vision. NoExplode does similar, but it kind of makes me feel sick.

Its like a high beam vs low beam on a dark road at night. When I loose my better vision like the 3 day into my flu without eating, just drinking basic fluids and cold medicine my vision flipped to the lower level. It seemed darker than usual, lesser detail and I felt like I had severe glare and wanted to wear a hat. I could still see colors, but it was like half the thingies in my eye give vision had turned off. My vision came back to full a few days later after having a monster and creadrive drink in my diet daily.

My doctor says its a miracle and he cant find anything in his books about vision and nutrition. I know recently its been in the news about ED medication causing blindness and some of the commercials to receive donations for childred over seas talks about a viatmin A supplement to help their vision.

Any clues? Any ideas? I want to make sure I keep that in my diet when I get behind the wheel.

Thanks

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have vision loss that doctor's cannot diagnose but it gives symptoms of macular problems (I'm only 42) although physically it looks fine. I have been pounding the lutein along with other anti-oxidents for the past few years. It's definitely not making the vision better, whether it's slowing down the loss, who knows. But my vision symptoms stay the same day after day, they don't get better or worse such as yours. God I would jump up for joy if I awoke one day and all of a sudden my vision had improved.

I take these vitamins quite a bit.

http://www.occupower.com/

They are a very good all around vitamin in fact they are so potent, I often times just take three capsules a day instead of six and then take an extra lutein supplement.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was diagnoised as having RP at one time, then after a flash egr they decided it wasnt that but one of the other possible 29 diseases.

Feel free to give my ideas a try guys. Red bull regular flavor, monster regular flavor and gnc creadrive creatine drink mix with uptake.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vitamin A will help with your night vision, but doesn't cure or stop any degeneration or other eye ailments. The way I understand it is that it's a precursor to the neurotransmitter that the rods and cones use to transmit a signal. So you need some to have light register from the eye. then it takes a certain amount of time before it is released back and converts or reuptakes or reconverts back to it's original form and is ready to transmit again. So the more of it you have around the more you can transmit before you run out. The form that is in carrots is not toxic so you can eat quite a lot of them and you can actually improve your night vision (read about english pilots in WWII they were orange!) but the kind in multi-vitamins is often different and can be toxic in high doses so dont over do it.

Your description of lowbeam/high beam kind of sounds like there is some mechanism like that involved though, or at least it's enough of a possibility that you might consider eating a whole lot of carrots for a month and see what happens. They are good for you, have plenty of fiber and can't hurt you even if they dont improve your vision any. The same can't be said for just popping the vitamin A pills.