Fenix L1T - what else is similar that I should consider? Something above it?

AgaBoogaBoo

Newly Enlightened
I used to have an Arc AAA-P (one of the "newer" ones, got mine back when the initial shipments were going out a year or so ago) and now I want something a bit brighter. I'll be travelling overseas and so want to have a good light with me.

I'm not looking to spend an ungodly amount so the less is better, but I like a quality product. Right now my budget is $100 or less for a good light, I *really* wish I could get something like the HDS EDC XR 60 for this price lol... anyway, I'm in the market for something decent and from what I can see I like the Fenix L1P/L1T's. I want something of this similar size, should be able to slide into my pocket, and be as bright as possible within my budget.

The L1T seems like it would work well for me and is a little under half of my budget, which makes me a happy man ;)

What is considered maybe one step up and what other brands/models should I look at similar to this in price and product?

I think ideally at this point I'd like to spend $50 or less.

AgaBoogaBoo

Newly Enlightened
Also, just took a look at the Inova T1 - this seems to have more throw and output than the L1T, C123A batteries are available at a decent price around here on CPF and so is this something I should consider? Any reason not to?

dixemon

Enlightened
I have both the L1p and the T1. I dont think you can go wrong for choosing the L1p/L1t, they simply are great lights for the money. The T1 is also a good light but not so much as an EDC. The T1 has a narrow beam do to its collimator lens and also is much larger than the fenix witch is also another reason it is not the best in terms of a multipurpose EDC. It doesnt pocket nicely and doesnt come supplied with a holster (too large). I use the T1 at work alot because of its durability, It is definetly built like a tank. However, If I had to choose an EDC within your budget, it would be the L1T from Fenix. IMHO

AgaBoogaBoo

Newly Enlightened
dixemon said:
I have both the L1p and the T1. I dont think you can go wrong for choosing the L1p/L1t, they simply are great lights for the money. The T1 is also a good light but not so much as an EDC. The T1 has a narrow beam do to its collimator lens and also is much larger than the fenix witch is also another reason it is not the best in terms of a multipurpose EDC. It doesnt pocket nicely and doesnt come supplied with a holster (too large). I use the T1 at work alot because of its durability, It is definetly built like a tank. However, If I had to choose an EDC within your budget, it would be the L1T from Fenix. IMHO
Hmm... don't mean to argue, but how does the T1 not pocket nicely? It seems like it's pretty small, is it maybe too slick because of a more smooth surface?

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T1 is quite big for a pocket light. Way too big IMO, especially without a clip. You can find 123A lights that are thinner and shorter. The new Fenix P1 for example is quite an amazing 123A light for under $50.

AgaBoogaBoo

Newly Enlightened
Hmm... the P1 is looking pretty nice!

I'm going to wait and see some reviews from flashlightreviews.com and the ledmuseum.org sites, that should help make the decision. Some of the comments around CPF that I'm reading are bad jobs on the soldering and such, I would really be willing to pay $5 or $10 extra if stuff like that could all be done a bit better for a better final product.

Edit: I think the P1 is the right choice... hehe, really want to order this thing soon!

Last edited: