What's your most IMPRESSIVE light under 5 inches.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not because it's the brightest, but, for me, my most impressive stubby is still the venerable Arc LSL.

Geoff

ScottyJ

Enlightened
I am hoping the new fenix.

Right now it is my HDS, I am pretty sure it is under 5 inches anyway.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sandwich shoppe sold out of the A19 XR-E in both the one cell and two cell versions. Any idea if there will be anymore in? Anyone have both this and the 27LT? I'm contemplating possibly getting a 27 and putting in a cree.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have A-19 cree and a 27LT. The A-19 is much brighter. I would think a cree in a 27LT would be a good combination. The shop is selling the reflector required for this mod.

Yaesumofo

Alin10123 said:
The sandwich shoppe sold out of the A19 XR-E in both the one cell and two cell versions. Any idea if there will be anymore in? Anyone have both this and the 27LT? I'm contemplating possibly getting a 27 and putting in a cree.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
yaesumofo said:
I have A-19 cree and a 27LT. The A-19 is much brighter. I would think a cree in a 27LT would be a good combination. The shop is selling the reflector required for this mod.

Yaesumofo

Do you think they'll be more comparable in terms of brightness if i mod the 27lt to take a cree? I'm thinking about doing the 4sevens mod of modding a 27lt to get the throw of the 3 watt and flood of a 5 watt luxeon. 4sevens currently shaves down the existing reflector. Is that what the shoppe is selling? or is it a reflector that's completely redesigned for the cree? I'm not looking for a laser tight really bright corona that i have to squint my eyes to use and then the sidespill is minimal.

Thanks in advance.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Strange ins't it the only two time boys argue over whose got the smallest is flashlights and cell phones. :)
Norm

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize this thing won't compare to your lights sporting a Cree, and my P1D CE hasn't arrived yet of course, but my most impressive light is a COAST Focusing LED Lensor. No laughing, please! :) It comes in at just 5 inches. I love this thing. I have about 25 different flashlights and this is as bright as any, and has the ability to focus similar to a MAG. I love the beam quality. It will throw as far as my SL PP 4AA Lux and illuminates much more area at the same time. Now that's sweet. I did a rookie review in the review section. I was hoping that someone that has some clout around here would try one, just for flashaholics sakes, :) and hopefully, support my opinions. :sigh:

It's just a matter of time though, before Cree takes over. :candle:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L4 with an XX1T driven at 970mAH modded by CM. The sucker is bright to a fault. after running it for a few battery cycles it got quite a bit brighter than when I received it. I love it when the Vf drops. it's essentially got the power of a 5-watt HID with efficiency comparable to the common 10watt units.

until I get my multi Cree lights this will be the jewel of my LEDs.

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess without much qualification on what is meant as "impressive"...... I'll vote for my HDS U60xrgt. It is not the brightest out there, but I am "impressed" that it monitors the unprotected Li-ion I use in it, I'm "impressed" that it has 20 brightness settings that I can choose from, I'm "impressed" that a lot of thought has been put into making it an extremely useful 'dim' light lasting hundreds of hours, and that I can make it put out 60 verified lumens when desired. Did I say I was impressed? :)

Last edited: