Fenix P3D-Q turbo?

M.S

Enlightened
Hi

I measured the current draw of my new P3D-CE Q5 on turbo after the batteries were suddenly empty.
I'm using 2 AW:s blue label R123:s. With fresh charge the turbo mode is pulling 0.98A from the batteries. High mode is only using 0.2A, which seems normal. Are they all like this, or is there problem with my unit? I don't really want to use the turbo now, because it is using 5 times the energy, but the difference in output is not that big. Could someone measure their P3D for comparison?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
High mode is only using 0.2A, which seems normal.
with 2 CR123 cells the voltage is a bit less than 2 times higher than needed, so current has to be doubled --> current to the led
(very rough calculation, but easy. Deduct 30 %, then the real values should appear)

1 A for Turbo is too much, sure but 0.2 for high is not enough

Last edited:

M.S

Enlightened
I did a runtime test with the AW cells. I didn't notice the exact moment when the light went off, but I got between 40 and 50 minutes of light on turbo. Not good, something wrong with this one... :mecry:

Bushman5

Enlightened
how do you measure this, when the battery is in the flashlight, therres no access for the test leads...?

forgive my noobness:whistle:

M.S

Enlightened
Don't put the tailcap on and touch the battery end and battery tube end with DMM leads. The multimeter acts as a tailcap with switch on, passing the current to the converter.

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
I've said this on another thread... is this not a good reason for a 3-cell body? (if you aren't going to use the light as a pocket light anyway).