Favorite single AA flashlight?

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
I just replaced the alkaline AAs in my Eternalight with 3 lithium AAs. Since the batteries came in a pack of 4, I got a single lithium AA by its lonesome looking for a home. What kind of single AA LED lights do people here like? I was thinking of a CMG Infinity Ultra, but I wanted to get other opinions.

BigMac

Enlightened
I'd have to say the CMG Infinity Ultra. I know, that is what you said. But I have to agree with you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's probably currently the only game in town.

But you might want to consider the CMG Ultra-G (the US Government issue version - NSN: 6230-01503-9513)

The "G" version to the regular Ultra is kind of like the ArcAAA LE is to the plain ArcAAA.

Best of all currently the Ultra-G is at a special $15 at County Comm (use link above) which is the cheapest price I've seen for any Ultra.

CMG Ultra-G vs. Ultra

zmoz

Enlightened
I like that...have an extra battery so you have to get a flashlight to match... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
zmoz said:
I like that...have an extra battery so you have to get a flashlight to match... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe...well I know that all I really 'need' in a flashlight is probably a Maglight, but I've gone past that a long time ago and I might as well look at things I want! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I too would vote for an Infinity Ultra. I don't really know the difference between an Ultra and an Ultra-G (or between a JVC RC-M70JW and a JVC RC-M71JW) but as I understand, the Ultra-G is just a hair brighter than a standard Ultra. I can't confirm this, but that's what I've read about them on CPF.

Raven

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]

SFR said:

I'm waiting for the Inova X1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...

http://www.countycomm.com/inovax1.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is a sweet looking light. Sigh, why are all the lights I want not out yet. The new SL 3c 10 LED, the new SL 3aa Lux Star Task Light, and now this Inova X1.

Raven

Reaper

Enlightened
Have 4 Ultra's and 1 "G" and in a side by side shoot-off, the "G" is brighter and whiter than the Ultra's. Only thing is that in my particular "G" there is green spots around the center white beam, which is really disconcernting at times. I'm sure that the Ultra's also have green in them, but because they're not so bright they don't stand out so easily. The great thing is that the price of the "G" was cheaper than the Ultra's which I bought a while back. However, I still EDC a standard Infinity on my keyring mostly for the run-time.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
There I was walking through REI a few weeks ago. And what should I spy but a sad orphaned standard Infinity all alone on the rack. I couldn't resist. Already having acquired a regular Arc AAA, a Photon 3, a Shorelite VX1, and an Attitude, I rationalized the need for a single AA light. I have not been a bit disappointed. The Infinity provides just the right amount of light for knocking around the house at night. Its beam is actually more uniform and less blue than the Arc, though certainly not as bright. And talk about endurance! The first battery I used was already half dead. As a test I left it on for about three days and it was still giving useful light (able to see feet in the dark). Perhaps I should have sprung for the Ultra, but for my normal use this one does the job. I've got my Arc for brightness. And thanks go to whoever it was that suggested using a post-it note to stop the battery rattle.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean a 1 (one), AA battery light, as in, it can only take 1 AA battery, or do you mean, pick your favorite AA light, but you can only pick one?

CMG Infinity Ultra for the 1, AA battery.

Mr. Bulk LGI for my favorite AA light.

AZMAN

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first CMG Infinity Ultra from Randy at darkgear.com today. I am very satisfied with the light. It has a slight bluish tint. I compared it to a solitaire and the Ultra blows it away. It even lights up the reflectors at the end of my driveway at least 35 Feet away.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen specs on that Inova -- how big is it compared to the Infinity Ultra? Since the Inova has less runtime than the Infinity, is it safe to conclude that it's that much brighter?
Joe

dark star

Enlightened
I have several of the "old" rev 1 Arc LS's which I use with a single battery. I really like the Cyan and Blue, quite bright with a single NiMH AA cell and a 3 hour runtime.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
In current production: Infinity Ultra, by all means. The Ultra-G does NOT come with lanyard and clip (may explain why it's cheaper).

Not in current production: Arc LS Rev1 circuit w/1AA pack and Lithium AA.

My white rev1 Arc LS has its home on my Custom 2C pack, and I now EDC my Infinity Ultra.

Just picked up a 12 pack of alkaline C cells from Walmart (got the last one in stock here) for my Arc LS. (Walmart Everactives) Currently have Titaniums in the pack and don't have a clue for runtime.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
My favorite single AA flashlight? My red LED Infinity. Very bright. Left it on, accidently for eight hours, and it is still extremely bright. Use it every nite as my walk around house lite. Use alkaline battery. Get more use than my LSH.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I've got to agree with the others. So, yet another vote for the CMG Infinity Ultra. As far as the Inova X1 is concerned, it supposed to be released by the end of this month. We'll see.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif