I am new to the game what does HOLA stand for.

da.gee

Enlightened
For me it means: HOLA cow! I'm spending a lot of money on bright lights!

MaineChuck

Newly Enlightened
I'm also new to this "game". Been a flashlight guy since I was a kid, but never owned any High-Tech lights. There seems to be an awful lot to learn. I just ordered a SureFire E2DL-LED. I'm an avid Maine outdoorsman, it gets pretty dark up here. I hope I made a sound choice.

JJV

Newly Enlightened
I'm also new to this "game". Been a flashlight guy since I was a kid, but never owned any High-Tech lights. There seems to be an awful lot to learn. I just ordered a SureFire E2DL-LED. I'm an avid Maine outdoorsman, it gets pretty dark up here. I hope I made a sound choice.

It's a great light, so you made a good choice-but then it all depends on what you need it for. The E2DL is a great thrower, but the spill isn't all that great compared to others. (Check The Welcome Mat, link below, if any of that doesn't make sense:))

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172991

There is a lot to learn, and if you are anything like the rest of us, you're about to expand both your knowledge and collection (while emptying your wallet) in a short time.

Oh yeah, BTW: Welcome to CPF!

Last edited:

MaineChuck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I've been looking at the various beamshot pix, pretty cool stuff. I think I want to get a difuser for the E2DL, it would make the light very versital. I mostly use a light in my small bass boat, or when we go to camp. I like the idea of "throw" when I'm out on the water. I'm tired of lugging around heavy stuff(spotlights etc). I can't wait to get that light!

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, "She walked like a woman and talked like a man."

"Well I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man, and so is Lola"

So Lola was a man right? No Lola is glad he's a man?

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. Just having some fun.

Happy Holidays

Bill

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I've been looking at the various beamshot pix, pretty cool stuff. I think I want to get a diffuser for the E2DL, it would make the light very versatile. I mostly use a light in my small bass boat, or when we go to camp. I like the idea of "throw" when I'm out on the water. I'm tired of lugging around heavy stuff(spotlights etc). I can't wait to get that light!
That's a very good light by all reports, I don't own it, but I have it's brother the E1B.

For out on the water, you may actually find the Dereelight DBS v2 very useful; It's a real thrower. I don't have a use for it myself (although the MC-E version is looking interesting). You could spot targets on land or out on the water for quite a distance. Look into that one.

For in the boat I think you would want something with more flood. The diffuser is a good option to try. It'll be easier on the eyes as well.

For outdoor use though you may also want to have a light the runs on the more commonly available AA batteries. A Fenix LD20 might be interesting, and it's multiple levels including strobe which could be useful. A Zebralight Headlamp might also be an ideal boat light so you can keep your hands free. An H50 is an AA model Headlamp.

Well since you really didn't ask for help I better stop now.

Last edited:

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened
hola.jpg

:welcome: