What to get next?

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a 6pd and a 9p with 2 m60's. M60 in the 6pd that I carry and m60wlf in the 9p. Im thinking about another light possibly a solarforce l950m for some more output/throw and maybe something better suited for edc. I was also thinking about a mc-e m60 for a room lighter but not sure I want to spend the money on that yet.

If you had a 6pd and 9p what would you get next?

jugg2

Enlightened
I would get something in a one cell platform, either CR123 or AA. Fenix has top of the line stuff, but I am really liking my RA Twisty I just bought. Since you have two SureFires you might want to look at the L1 or E1B.

The L1 is pretty nice. The TIR optic is more suited for throw, but it is still useable at close range. The E1B is about the same I think, but I don't have one so I can't say from experience.

I would also consider rechargables if that is important to you because some lights do not support Lion.

Hope all my rambling helps!:)

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I am considering some rechargeables soon I know that l950m takes 18650's and was also thinking about a single 18650 light with a m30. That e1b does look nice but expensive.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im thinking about another light possibly a solarforce l950m for some more output/throw and maybe something better suited for edc.

Higher output/throw and something better suited for EDC are kind of opposites... Were you looking for 2 separate lights?

For more throw using the 18650, have you looked at the JETBeam RRT-1 Raptor? For EDC I'd go with something from the Nitecore line.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Yes 2 lights I need a better pocket light with a clip and also want something more powerful that will take 2 18650's.

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
Hmm, I consider pocket light to mean a single AA or CR123 form factor, but if you like the 18650 you could get a malkoff MD2 and a M30. That would be a reasonably priced light.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
MD2 would be nice with the hi/low switch I could prob even get rid of my wlf and get a regular wf to use in it. Then I would need another drop in for my 9p. Whats all this hype I hear about the RA lights also seems like a lot of people like them.
A head lamp would be a nice addition for when you need use of both hands.

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
RA lights are supposed to be bombproof. They have a lifetime warranty like SF, support rechargeables, and have a nice low setting. You have to get your hands on one and use it to really understand it. You would be amazed at how useful a really low low is.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I could use a low low frequently in the house. Even a m60wlf is bright enough to wake someone when your trying not too.

jugg2

Enlightened
The RA Twisty comes from the factory with a low setting of 0.3 lumens! It sounds like nothing, but it is probably my most used level. When you are in the dark with no ambient light it is plenty bright to walk around by.

You can reprogram all the levels on the light, but being a twisty it would be very time consuming and complicated so I am not even going to bother with mine. The levels seem well thought out and are nicely spaced out IMHO. BTW the are 0.3-12-100. Link

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I would want a clicky they do come with a pocket clip also right? They are expensive but prob be worth it haha. Then I just need to sell my wfl and get a m60 mc-e w and a solarforce l950m. Till I need something even more powerful.

jugg2

Enlightened
I don't think they come with a clip, but there is a member on here that makes wodies for the twisty with pocket clip. Not sure about the clicky though.

I really want a MC-E drop-in in a MD2 with the two stage ring. That would make a kick @$$ glove box light!

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see some pictures comparing the mc-e w to the regular version.

That ra clicky looks to have a poop load of features wow. How does that low battery warning work?
MC-E would be sweet in a md2 also but would the low be low enough I could just use the ra clicky probably for most low settings.
I was thinking a MC-e in my 9p or even with a 2x18650 body would be nice.

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
I haven't run a battery out in my twisty yet cause I use the low so much lol, but I think it just blinks or something I would have to get my manual and read it again.

I would probably keep the MC-E MD2 in my truck just for emergencies, and the low would just be for longer runtime.

I would also like to see some beamshots of the MC-E next to a regular M60 for comparison. I don't think anybody has done that yet.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I mean the w version of the mce compared to the non warm. Its hard to tell which ide like better.

jugg2

Enlightened
Hmm, the warm is probably almost incan like warm. I ordered a regular M60 for a friend and it was almost completely neutral white, really one of the warmer LEDs I have seen. I would probably be tempted to go regular for the higher output, but the warm may be really nice and you may not notice the lower output.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that a 1 x CR123 light would be a great addition and I too am partial to the Ra Clicky; I would have to say that the clip is not the most appealing to me, but he light is outstanding.

Before the Ra Clicky was out, I would have recommended the Novatac 120P; it is still a good light, but I sold all of my Novatac's after I tried out the Clicky.

You will really benefit from the smaller light that has multiple brightness options available to you.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys I have to buy an RA clicky now. Ill just have to lie about how much it cost. Its just a little flash light it wasnt much...
Where is the best place to purchase one?

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
You can order from their site, or they have a list of dealers listed on there as well. I ordered from battery station because RA didn't have the twisty in stock when I went to order it.

Thumbs up to battery station, I got 4 free CR123 cells and a little plastic holder for them free with the purchase!