You New Zealand guys are so lucky....

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contrary to views on a flashlight forum, as the days have grown so short and all hope of driving home in the light after work is abandoned until well into February, I would love to spend some time south of the equator and get a 14-16 hour day again. I hear so many wonderful things about New Zealand, how nice and how green it is. I would think being that far south, the weather might be pretty extreme and cold in the winter but I read it's pretty temperate. I was looking at the daily high and low temps of Aukland for last year. The hottest day was 82 degrees and the coldest night was 33 degrees.

Is it really as nice as people say. Not too hot, not too cold, some rain but plenty of sun as well?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm 250Km north of Melbourne, in Australia.

Currently it's light from 6:15am through to 8:45 pm.

Today the temp is 40C. Overnight it'll be 25C.

Long summer days here aren't as nice as they seem.

Don't go to NZ. You'll come back talking all funny.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously you are not a flashaholic, 16 hour days? When do you get to use your light? I think the luckiest person is the Artic MOD Sigman is it? I bet he gets lotsa use out of his lights and doesnt have to be scared of overheating lol.

That was the point I forgot to make...

I picked up flashaholism 2 months ago Just as daylight savings time kicked in, and I had to start waiting until 9pm to play with my lights...

Hows my timing? :mecry:

nzbazza

Enlightened
We sure are, you should come and visit for a while:wave:

Don't listen to those boys from the Western Islands, they are just jealous of us Kiwis!!!!:nana:

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's only a matter of time before you guys become the 7th state...

But only after you learn the other 4 vowels :p

Norm

Retired Administrator
Don't listen to those boys from the Western Islands, they are just jealous of us Kiwis!!!!:nana:
Migration to Australia

Australia, with its warmer climate, larger population and similar culture, has often been considered by New Zealanders an ideal place to settle. Australia was a popular destination even for the earliest New Zealanders; in 1861 an estimated 1,350 New Zealand-born people were living there.
Snip
In 1996 there were 291,388 New Zealand-born in Australia; by 2006 this had grown to 389,463. In 2003 there were an estimated 460,000 New Zealand citizens living in Australia – easily the largest New Zealand expatriate community in the world, and a far higher number than that of any single foreign-born population in New Zealand.
Norm :poke: :sssh: :)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I read, it seems the climate is more temperate in New Zealand then Australia. Gotta admit though I do like watching those girls play tennis at the Australian Open in January.