Uh Oh, The Photon King ...............

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Although certain people are not heard from that often here on CPF it doesn't mean they aren't lurking in the shadows,
waiting for that special moment to pounce!

It may be that someone we know has plans to take the crown and be the Lux king. Seems one crown may not be enough. I think Mr. Bulk might be holding the crown currently with his 5W Space Needle. Charlie, be afraid. Be very afraid! There's this guy we know who spends his time in the pursuit of optimizing luminous output, where lux is just one factor and typically not given prime consideration. Well that's during his day job. What happens when the sun goes down and the mind opens to the night? Out comes..........................................

PhotonKing.jpg

Yes, he has something up his sleeve and the contest for king lux has been entered by none other than PhotonKing. His plans are secret and even Charlie's aid and partner,The Flasharazzi, won't be able to pierce the veil of secrecy.

The saga begins.......................................

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
be afraid....be very, very, very, very afraid... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hey,

I know very little at this point and I am not supposed to tell. I think there will be plenty of time for others to rise to the challenge as well as fair warning to Mr.Bulk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I believe 5W Luxeons will be the platform and Lux the name of the game.

The man works in mysterious ways..............

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely wouldn't want to meet PK in a dark alley. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yes but how little you know -- he got the secret from me during his Hawaii trip! And being the gentleman that I am (as well as lacking the $millions$ in R&D at the New King's disposal), I hereby humbly renounce my crown...until my next project! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hmm...while the crown is in a state of suspended limbo, now would be a good time to step in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i wasn't necessarily reffering to myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

my projects are going to take some time to complete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hideo

Enlightened
ooooooooohh ... the suspense and the popcorn are killing me

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

hideo

Kiessling

Flashaholic
knowing the company of the Photon King, this adventure will cost something more than a few bucks.
I'll have to talk to my wife .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
..........I hereby humbly renounce my crown...until my next project! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Renounce? No need to abdicate to vaporware or inuendo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I for one am curious as to just what are the steller lux performers out there right now? I want to try my hand with a 1W HD in 3" turbo. Where *is* the bar currently? 8000 lux?

- Don

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
AilSnail said:
What Company does he work for? And what is that secret, MR BULK?

[/ QUOTE ]

AilSnail,

Question #1 - SureFire!

Question #2 - If I told you I'd have to kill you, 'cause I couldn't be King no more and I heard there's no life after royalty anyway...