omg i just saw shrek

raggie33

*the raggedier*
that was the most amzeing thing i have ever seen.and the story was great to lol im a sap sometimes

hula

Newly Enlightened
My nephew: I've bought a film for us to watch.
Me: Oh...Ok what's this then? Shrek?
My nephew: Yeah it's really good.
Me: ( half reluctantly ) Allright then let's give it a go.
Film ends.
Me: (not outloud) Wow that's just about the best kids movie I've ever seen ..... I wonder if theyr'e gonna make Shrek 2?
Luckily they are.

I agree Tomas the DVD extras are excellent.

Hula.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes, it was quite enjoyable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

iddibhai

Enlightened
yeppers, good movie fer shure. although i'm not sure how that song "halleluja" made it into a kids' movie. i mean, heard the lyrics?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Watch it again and then tell us how many movies got spoofed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
When my kids were down to visit this summer I took them to see Spy Kids 3D. On the wall was a green '2' movie poster. With two antennae sticking out.

That pretty much tells me there's a 2nd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Tom, I watched it with others and *I* was the "kid" in the group - I was, uh, 54, 55?

I'm the one who bought it to watch - on it's release date ...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

T_sig6.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
iddibhai said:
yeppers, good movie fer shure. although i'm not sure how that song "halleluja" made it into a kids' movie. i mean, heard the lyrics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It really made the sad part of the movie sad; but like you say, them lyrics...

iddibhai

Enlightened
i must say tho, that song, the rufus wainright version (which is on the soundtrack but NOT the one playing in the movie) one one heck of song. superb vocals. i LOVE good vocals.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was the best movie of the summer back in....2000(?). Excellent animation, great story, outstanding soundtrack and a closing scene to die for!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif What Hollywood is doing with CGI now days is amazing (how many lines of code does it take to do a movie like this?)! Did anyone catch "Finding Nemo"? Ew, bad pun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Dan

My dad once asked me if I still watched cartoons. I said "No Dad, however I do enjoy 'animated features'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LoneRebel

Enlightened
Shrek is awesome. I think Mike Meyers and Eddie Murphy are quite the team. Their humor blends extremely well. Also check out Finding Nemo, and Antz. Both of those movies are great as well. Thankfully these types of movies exist as both parents and their kids can both equally be drawn into the movies. If I were forced to watch 'My Little Pony', 'Rainbow bright' etc. I think I would have to hang myself...

Thanks, Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
PercaDan said:
My dad once asked me if I still watched cartoons. I said "No Dad, however I do enjoy 'animated features'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I still watch cartoons like Tom & Jerry once in a great while, but the only one I watch with any regularity at all is Digimon. (that doesn't count "primetime" cartoons like The Simpsons or King Of The Hill). But as far as regular cartoons go, Digimon is pretty much it.

I've never seen Shrek, so I can't comment on it.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've recently been diversifying into Japanimation, some of its pretty good. My current interests are "Trigun" and "Cowboy Beebop" (Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network). The first one is a futuristic western and the second is a futuristic detective series. Ya' otta checkum out!

Dan

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If that poster was for Shrek 2, then those are not antenna, DavidW. Those are his Ears. His candles are his Earwax.

Definitely not your standard Fairy Tale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"I have a dragon and I am not afraid to use it." hehehe

I have the DVD version. I laughed so hard, that I nearly evacuated my stomach's contents.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought their writing was more or less clever, and the casting was superb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But I was insulted by the animation. It's very simplistic in spite of what the commercials might have said. Or perhaps I'm spoilt by the fact that i've had opportunity to play with real animation software and know what is possible and so simple texture mapped stuff like that look simplistic and uninteresting to me.

A Bugs life really just blew me away at the quallity and detail in the animation. Wow.

Which brings up one of the funnier things I hear regularly from people, that computer animation will replace actors. Which is silly. Even with these high budget superbly realized films, they still hire top talent to give them voices! So far I don't think the computer is up to that yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
I was not very thrilled when my friends decided we should go see shreck. but boy am i glad i went along. this has got to be one of my favorite movies of all time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
i was cracking up during the entire movie.