• olive drab

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Desert Sand/Tan

Votes: 14 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stienke

Enlightened
I remember in the past you could choose a black or olive drab Fenix , I like to see when whe have these options again , a olive drab Fenix or Foursevens are very cool.
All my flaslights are black at the moment and I don't like it anymore!
Choose your color in the poll above and maybe some manufactures pick it up making this possible (FourSevens???:sssh:)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'd prefer the color Aluminum anodizing naturally comes in just incase the dyes used to turn the anodizing different colors weakens the natural hardness. Though I should probably ask my brother, he likes minerals and might know if dyes/inclusions affect the strength of Aluminum oxide (corundum if it grows as crystals).

Snareman

Enlightened
From what I understand, when the Type 3 Hard Anodizing is applied it comes out in a dark olive. It can be dyed but the colors can come out kind of muddy and even the lots of the olive can be hard to match so many companies just make it black for consistency.

jupello

Enlightened
Black is tacticool. Tacticool is easy to sell.
Unfortunately most lights are black now. Black lights are hard to find in the dark.
I'd love to see some of those olive drab lights again :)

anethema

Newly Enlightened
You think black is hard to find in the dark. Drop an olive drab light and you wont find it night OR day.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
White colored items reflect back all colors so they appear white. Black colored items appear black because they absorb all colors. Black colored flashlights are brighter because they absorb all colors and this translates into more OTF light ;)

yliu

Enlightened
I guess, maybe black is kind of universal. By that, I mean that different people like different colors, and manufacturers don't want to lose consumers just because the light is not in a color that they like.

So black is sort of neutral, it's does not draw a lot of attention, not so flashy, unisex etc. you get the point.

yliu

Enlightened
White colored items reflect back all colors so they appear white. Black colored items appear black because they absorb all colors. Black colored flashlights are brighter because they absorb all colors and this translates into more OTF light ;)

uhmm... I don't think there is any correlation between the color of the body and the output of the LED.

Maybe black color absorbs more ambient light therefore it heats up more than white ones would, but that wouldn't make a significant difference in the temperature.

Burgess

Flashaholic
I'm certainly bored with Black.

Would prefer a Yellow or Orange, myself.

Always liked my Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon in Yellow.

Could never understand WHY some people prefered that light in BLACK ! ! !

:thinking:
_

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
I'm bidding on a yellow 8nx on an unnamed auction site. It may be an old light, but a yellow body with a yellow light seems appealing.

Snareman

Enlightened
I'm certainly bored with Black.

Would prefer a Yellow or Orange, myself.

Always liked my Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon in Yellow.

Could never understand WHY some people prefered that light in BLACK ! ! !

:thinking:
_

I agree, I'd like some fashion colors for a few of my lights that I carry for work.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone knows black is more professional and tactical. It's what all the mall ninjas carry.

Having said that, I'm a sucker for olive drab.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black is also usually the cheapest color because it is used the most as a coating. Cost of the material is cheap and the facility where the coating is being done already is using it on other projects.