Rebirth Of 6D Maglite

Skyeye

Enlightened
I was looking at my older 6D incan Maglite hanging on a bracket in my garage and deciede to give it some new life as an LED light.

I found a Luxeon MiniStar5 drop-in for sale on Amazon so I decided to try it.

Well, I am certainly impressed! The little drop in made the trusty Maggie twice as bright than the old incan plus the color was improved from a yellow artifact filled blob to a nice relatively clean white beam. The focusing even worked! The throw was likewise improved and it will easily make out objects a couple of blocks away at full spot. I think for the price, the little MiniStar fills the bills without a lot of outlay of same. It is certainly much better than the NiteIze version that I tried in a 4D light.

The ole bugger has been put back into service as a dog walking light club!:naughty:
I am happy for it!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Always good to get new tricks out of the old dog, but bear in mind we now have 1xAAA keychain lights with similar output.

The NiteIze drop-ins are definitely not pretty, however the 10mm variety (the one with the big LED, the entire top of the emitter looks like a "bulb") has insane runtime; one of these installed in your 6D would provide nearly 200 hours of light before dimming.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to the search box and type in the following:

"Triple Cree XM-L T6 Dropins for D size Mag-Lites"

Let us know what you think...