Do you ever wonder what ya neighbors think of you and ya lights

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i know they see me shining my light into the tress smiling ear to ear. i figure they think im nuts and i dont care

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
My neighbors love it. We border a park and a golf course and every since me and my flashlight obcession moved in crime and vandalism in that park have dropped to almost nothing.

I did get one police call where an elderly lady said that "someone was in her yard shining lights in her window". When the police got there they saw a light shining across the park and came to my place to investigate.

I was in my back yard testing out a 20watt HID light (I'm guessing about 1200 lumens biased towards throw).

Apparently at a distance of somewhere around 500 yards away that was still enough light to make the lady believe someone was in her yard "peeping" at her so I don't shine anything in that direction anymore.

The cops were just fascinated by the lights I had on hand and probably stayed for half an hour until they got a call and had to go.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
My neighbors love it. We border a park and a golf course and every since me and my flashlight obcession moved in crime and vandalism in that park have dropped to almost nothing.

I did get one police call where an elderly lady said that "someone was in her yard shining lights in her window". When the police got there they saw a light shining across the park and came to my place to investigate.

I was in my back yard testing out a 20watt HID light (I'm guessing about 1200 lumens biased towards throw).

Apparently at a distance of somewhere around 500 yards away that was still enough light to make the lady believe someone was in her yard "peeping" at her so I don't shine anything in that direction anymore.

The cops were just fascinated by the lights I had on hand and probably stayed for half an hour until they got a call and had to go.
maybe you should have a crime watchers party. get em all into lights

RyeBread

Newly Enlightened
i know they see me shining my light into the tress smiling ear to ear. i figure they think im nuts and i dont care

I do this all the time. I like seeing the beams in the sky. My parents think I'm nuts, neighbors probably do too. :D

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do this all the time. I like seeing the beams in the sky. My parents think I'm nuts, neighbors probably do too. :D
Yea my mum thinks im crazy, dad thinks im crazy but is amazed by some of my lights

my neighbours, really i dont care, i try and keep my lights from shining in their windows, although im probably the only person in australia who uses a maxabeam to take the rubbish out

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live out in the country on a small mountain. One time some neighbors were over visiting and they were all abuzz about the UFOs and strange lights in the sky the previous night. They wanted to know if I had seen them. Best I can tell, it was me shining a very throwy light up into the low clouds and playing with some other lights of mine that night. I just said, well no, I hadn't. I didn't want to burst their bubble since they were so excited. :)

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live out in the country on a small mountain. One time some neighbors were over visiting and they were all abuzz about the UFOs and strange lights in the sky the previous night. They wanted to know if I had seen them. Best I can tell, it was me shining a very throwy light up into the low clouds and playing with some other lights of mine that night. I just said, well no, I hadn't. I didn't want to burst their bubble since they were so excited. :)

I laughed so hard I actually snorted!

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast

I laughed so hard I actually snorted!

I know, it was pretty funny! I should probably mention that my neighbor friends are aging hippies who entertain all kinds of fringe beliefs and superstitions such as crystal power and such, so if I told them the UFOs and lights in the sky where my flashlights they probably wouldn't have believed me. Then again, we see a lot of unusual things in the night sky out here where there are no streetlights and one time I actually saw a UFO myself but that's a story for another thread.

jackjoneslab

Newly Enlightened
They think I am a responsible adult with a nice flashlight. If they see me shining my laser however they thing I am a member of the taliban trying to take down aircraft with a ground to air missle.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Chauncey Gardiner your taunting posts have been deleted - Norm

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

LOL

I would say I saw the lights in the sky almost every night...and had seen a pattern as to what days and times I saw them...and tell them when you next expected to see them.

And then they would see them then...and be very excited.

Rinse/Repeat.

:D

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL

I would say I saw the lights in the sky almost every night...and had seen a pattern as to what days and times I saw them...and tell them when you next expected to see them.

And then they would see them then...and be very excited.

Rinse/Repeat.

:D

That would be mean....but I guess it could be funny, especially if you knew the couple I'm talking about. They don't need my help with fringe stuff. One time I saw them park their car down the road next to a big field on my property. They got out of their car and sort of disappeared, so I slowly wandered over to where they were and found them on their knees in the tall weeds bowing with their arms over their heads. Apparently, I really startled them when they realized I was observing them so I apologized and explained that I was just wondering what they were doing in my field and if everything was OK. When I asked what exactly they were up to they said they were worshiping the sunset! :ironic: These folks probably don't need somebody to mess with their minds with a UFO hoax.

Interestingly, "neighbors" for me means the closest is about 1/3 of a mile away or more, and being on a mountain covered with trees I'll bet lights I point into the sky can be seen from some distance around with no way to be really sure where they are emanating from. One time I used an HID spotlight to signal to friends on another mountaintop quite a few miles away across the valley.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does this remind me of a movie. The one where the religious cult freaks out because their hippie neighbors start playing trumpet music from these huge PA speakers making the cultists thing it's judgement day...I can't remember the name.

Anyway if they were my neighbors I'm not sure I could resist making some UFO cutouts and stuff to shine on the clouds.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does this remind me of a movie. The one where the religious cult freaks out because their hippie neighbors start playing trumpet music from these huge PA speakers making the cultists thing it's judgement day...I can't remember the name.

Anyway if they were my neighbors I'm not sure I could resist making some UFO cutouts and stuff to shine on the clouds.

Hmm......Halloween is coming up in a few weeks, isn't it? :devil: