Fenix TK75 1st impressions

movanoman

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am a new member from the UK. I would like to thank all the members for the work you do by providing reviews and beamshots for us all to see.

For the past couple of years I have been a LED LENSER fan, I thought you boys where very hard on the Lenser range and I wanted an XR21. To keep track of my German Shepherds when thay chased the wild life.

However having read many of your reviews I purchased a Fenix TK.75 / 2900 lumin and I have say I am blown away by the output of this lamp. Best of all it fits in my coat pockets. I would love to write a review but it would not hold a candle to the reviews i've read on this great site thanks to you all. KEEP ON LIGHTING THE WAY

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forums! I was the same way (into LED Lenser lights) for a while, and I absolutely love my TK75. I like it so much that I just recently bought a second one (it's modded for higher output)!

Anyway, I also agree that it is a great light, and I'm glad you are enjoying it.

ven

Flashaholic
:welcome: congrats,its an awesome light,as blah9 has done i went for a modded vin tk75vn at 4400lm and its above awesome.

However i still enjoy and use my lensers,latest or rather most recent lenser purchase is the t7.2(its a great light i add) but obv not in same league in anyway,but it has its uses for different applications and wielding a 4400lm tk75 around work would just simply blind me by reflection and others............now there is a thought:thinking: :laughing:

So i am a man of many varieties(in lights) i like keeping my options open,research and buy the most suitable for the application.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Movanoman:
Congrats to your new TK75 L2 2900 lumens flashlight!:)

I´ve own one to, and it´s truly an awesome light. You can buy an extender kit with room for another 4x18650 batteries to have the double burntimes(total 8x18650 batteries),if you feels to to so.For those occasions where you need longer burn time, the extenter kit is great!

TK75Rewiew076_zpscb777565.jpg

This is my TK75 L2 with an extender kit. Gives long burntimes!

ven

Flashaholic
I am almost hitting the button on an extender kit NorthernStar:thumbsup: almost...........one week i will buy one i think ,soon as other commitments(or i get committed :laughing: ) are sorted

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I am almost hitting the button on an extender kit NorthernStar:thumbsup: almost...........one week i will buy one i think ,soon as other commitments(or i get committed :laughing: ) are sorted

You won´t regret if you get an extender kit!:) If you like turbo mode(like i do) then with an extender kit attached, you can have a total burntime of 1H 36 Min of constant turbo mode(2900 lumens).

mcorp

Enlightened
ven's tk75 is the tk75vn with 4400lumens :naughty:

I've been mulling over getting an extender with fenix 18650s but that would mean I wouldnt be able to keep the tk75 in the original box if I choose to bring it out:thinking:

ven

Flashaholic
ven's tk75 is the tk75vn with 4400lumens :naughty:

I've been mulling over getting an extender with fenix 18650s but that would mean I wouldnt be able to keep the tk75 in the original box if I choose to bring it out:thinking:

Nail on the head with me too.......

I guess when you are out for a prolonged period you attach or keep separate for the "just in case", the issue lessens.........

Its there still in my "watched" will see how i go,it will be handy when camping though thats for sure...........just means topping 8 cells off:mecry: :laughing: 6 of 1 and 1/2 dozen of the other.

Will get one in a few week,then i have it for the tk61vn or tk75vn..........duel purpose=more reason to buy:twothumbs

movanoman

Newly Enlightened
Hi thanks for your comments. I have to agree with you about the lenser p7.2 I have just updated from my old p7 to 7.2 and i am impressed with this little light. I also have a lenser h14r and it's hard to beat as head lights go i may review it when i get more confident. thanks again.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi thanks for your comments. I have to agree with you about the lenser p7.2 I have just updated from my old p7 to 7.2 and i am impressed with this little light. I also have a lenser h14r and it's hard to beat as head lights go i may review it when i get more confident. thanks again.

Yes great lights,i find the T a little more useful on a personal level with the extra knurling for grip,bonus too of the t7.2 is you can lock the head by a simple twist,so any part of the zoom now locks(similar to the coast lights).

NorthernStar

Enlightened
The TK75 L2 factory version has a turbo mode of 2900 lumens with a burntime of 48 minutes at turbo mode. If one have a modified TK75 with increased output up to 4400 lumens, how long will the burntime be then with such increased output?

ven

Flashaholic
Sure someone has tested it,i would say around 25 mins going off the 45 mins at 2900.

But as you know,extenders can counter that if an issue,or just use the setting down which is more than sufficient anyway:thumbsup:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Sure someone has tested it,i would say around 25 mins going off the 45 mins at 2900.

But as you know,extenders can counter that if an issue,or just use the setting down which is more than sufficient anyway:thumbsup:

Thank´s for the estimated burntime. It sounds quite reasonable.

Maybe it´s a little off topic, but do you happen to have a link to a review or maybe some beamshots of a Vin modified 4400 lumens TK75 light?

Capolini

Banned
You won´t regret if you get an extender kit!:) If you like turbo mode(like i do) then with an extender kit attached, you can have a total burntime of 1H 36 Min of constant turbo mode(2900 lumens).
That is surprising! minus the few second stepdowns I got 2 Hours 54 minutes of turbo with the battery ext. on the 2600 lumen version.I would not think the run time is much different b/w the 2 models. The specs. are basically the same. What kind of 18650's are you using?

Are you sure you did not mean 2 hours 36 min.???

edit: It more than DOUBLES the run time because of less stress on each battery. Without the extender I got 65 minutes of Turbo,,,double that and that would be 2 hours 10 minutes,still better than what you got??? :thinking:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Maybe it´s a little off topic, but do you happen to have a link to a review or maybe some beamshots of a Vin modified 4400 lumens TK75 light?

My plan is to nip out with callum(4yr old) when dark after 6.30pm,going to take a few lights,1 of which will be the tk75vn

Beam shot wise,as mine still has domes on,its like the difference from your high to turbo iirc 1200lm to 2900 so 1700lm more.
Mine from 2900 presuming thats high of course to 4400lm is 1500lm more so like an extra turbo so to speak.
i cant compare to a standard,but can try from high and turbo on my tk75vn:thumbsup: as it should be about the same difference......
vinhs link
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...x-TK75vn-Medium-Size-High-Lumen-Thrower-4400L

So if all goes to plan:rolleyes: i shall post some pics tomorrow UK time around 8pm:twothumbs worse case it will be done this week as its on a "I NEED TO KNOW TOO" basis :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
cells iirc i have 4x 3400mah protected pany in so maybe longer than my guestimate,i never considered the mah/cell/batch difference we could be using:rolleyes:

:twothumbsven

NorthernStar

Enlightened
That is surprising! minus the few second stepdowns I got 2 Hours 54 minutes of turbo on the 2600 lumen version..I would not think the run time is much different b/w the 2 models. The specs. are basically the same. What kind of 18650's are you using? :grin2:

edit: It more than DOUBLES the run time because of less stress on each battery. Without the extender I got 65 minutes of Turbo,,,double that and that would be 2 hours 10 minutes,still better than what you got??? :thinking:

I am using high quality PurePower 3400mAh protected 18650 batteries.
TK75Rewiew077_zpse5cd6d67.jpg

The old TK75 has about 20 minutes runtime at each turbo mode interval before it steps down. The TK75 L2 has 16 minutes at each interval of turbo mode before it steps down. I don´t have the old version so i can´t compare it to it, but i get 3x16 minutes(48 minutes) for each set of 4x18650 batteries. With the extender and totaly 8x18650 batteries i get 6 (close to 7)x16 minutes=1H 36 minutes + about 16 minutes extra at turbo mode, so totaly about 1H 52 minutes.

The TK75 L2 clearly drains more juice from the batteries than the old version, giving it shorter burntime.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
My plan is to nip out with callum(4yr old) when dark after 6.30pm,going to take a few lights,1 of which will be the tk75vn

Beam shot wise,as mine still has domes on,its like the difference from your high to turbo iirc 1200lm to 2900 so 1700lm more.
Mine from 2900 presuming thats high of course to 4400lm is 1500lm more so like an extra turbo so to speak.
i cant compare to a standard,but can try from high and turbo on my tk75vn:thumbsup: as it should be about the same difference......
vinhs link
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...x-TK75vn-Medium-Size-High-Lumen-Thrower-4400L

So if all goes to plan:rolleyes: i shall post some pics tomorrow UK time around 8pm:twothumbs worse case it will be done this week as its on a "I NEED TO KNOW TOO" basis :laughing:

Sounds great!:) I am looking forward to see the pics!

Capolini

Banned
Those run times still baffle me when it is only 300 more lumens and the specs. on the website for run times are the same???:thinking::thinking: I am glad I have the 2600 version[use to have both!] Could not notice any difference w/ my eyes! :)

The difference in output[300 lumens] is due to the updated LED[L2/U2]. That should not drain anymore power.

It is what it is,not doubting your data David!! Just puzzling to me! I never heard of those batteries,,,,,,,,It is the batteries!!! lol!!!!!:shrug:

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Those run times still baffle me when it is only 300 more lumens and the specs. on the website for run times are the same???:thinking::thinking: I am glad I have the 2600 version[use to have both!] Could not notice any difference w/ my eyes! :)

The difference in output[300 lumens] is due to the updated LED[L2/U2]. That should not drain anymore power.

It is what it is,not doubting your data David!! Just puzzling to me! I never heard of those batteries,,,,,,,,It is the batteries!!! lol!!!!!:shrug:

Roberto,i can´t explain the difference either,:shrug: but these are the datas that i am experiencing with the TK75 L2.

I´ve been testing the TK75 L2 with 4x18650 XTAR 3400mAh batteries also, and i´ve got the same burntime as with 4x18650 PurePower 18650 batteries.:thinking: