Bomb attacks in Spain

Velcro

Enlightened
I'm quite amazed that even after 36 hours, there's not one post about the horrible bomb attacks in Spain... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

Anyway, more then 180 people where killed and up to 1500 where wounded in the most devastating terrorist attack in the history of Spain, with the death toll rising as there are a lot of critically wounded.

My thoughts are with the friends, families and relatives of the victims of this horrific act against human life.
My condolences to the Spanish members of CPF.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Good point Velcro, we (the staff) have been discussing this topic in the background all day about a nice way to offer our condolences.

It's a horrible event and I pray for the peace that passes all understanding for all the friends and families of those that were lost.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i heard over 200 dead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
i've been trying to get ahold of my future-wife in Madrid but there's problems with Hotmail.

i hope her and her friends are okay.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blinded, I hope you get through very soon and have good news. It's got to be most nerve-wracking not having any info.

Maybe nothing has been posted up until now because the attack is just so incomprehensible and shocking. I'm certain it's been on everybody's mind. Are these terrorists totally demented or misguidedly desperate for change? Killing innocent people cannot possibly help their cause.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man i havent heard about that man the world is messed up.there in my thoughts and prayers. sometimes i dont watch the news for a while.guess ill have to catch it tonight

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the flag of Spain that is flying on CPF right now.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
It's a TERRIBLE act that has been committed by cowards there. I'm as emotiional as I was when our own World Trade Center was attacked. Prayers & positive thoughts to all Spaniards, especially those that lost family & friends and to those injured, as well as their families & friends!!

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
i heard over 200 dead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
i've been trying to get ahold of my future-wife in Madrid but there's problems with Hotmail.

i hope her and her friends are okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely hope you get through to her. I have an uncle and a few cousins that live in Madrid and I've not been able to get in touch with them either.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel their sorrow and yet am rallied by the strength of the Spanish. The terrorists have succeeded in only one thing as they did here, uniting and cementing the resolve of a people! Viva Espana!!

Tad

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Millions Protest Spain Train Bombings"

040312_madrid_hmed_5p.h2.jpg

Link to article.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
this brings so many emotions to me.sadness frustraion anger all at once. cowards man reminds me of 911 i hate to see something like this happen again

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all.
I was coming here, to the cafe just to post some words, and it has been nice to see thet there is already a thread.
Yesterday I asked Roy to put a spanish flag, and this morning I'm watching it.
Thank you all, thank you Roy.

Is very sad to talk about this kind of darkness instead of light.
199 dead
1500 injuried
More than 12000000 people on the streets. The whole country have no words, just silence and a kind of tie into our throats, a kind of bite in our hearts.

Thanks again, friends
116256-0864-ga.jpg

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
Hi all,
Time for a little confession.

I was within a mile of the Pentagon Impact that morning.

I saw what those *******s did to our people, heard the screams, saw and smelled the smoke.

It's not something I recomend.

That's one of the reasons I am here. My little bit of payback. Hopefully this will wake up europe. Perhaps the French and the Germans will get with the program, or the citizens will recover their good name and elect some people with spines.

If I see any Spanish Troopers at lunch today I will co miserate with them. I expect them to step on some necks in the next few weeks.

More when I know more
Jack Crow in Iraq

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chiaroscuro said:
Let us hope that CPF won't have to fly any more flags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot think of anything more profound or concise than that.

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said

[/ QUOTE ]

I work for MSN.

We had a .net passport server down. This is the server that verifies your password if you have MSN or Hotmail or any other .net thing.

It's back up now though...