best single cell aa light?

Strintguy

Enlightened
Great question! Best for all around bright, tough and good UI? Zebralight, Eagletac, Peak?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Great question! Best for all around bright, tough and good UI? Zebralight, Eagletac, Peak?

cool ill check them out i have a lumitop tool 2 i love with a 14500 .but with alkine im not a fan

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC5 for the highest output (500+ lumens). Zebralight SC53 for a bit less output (350 lumens) but a thinner body and head. The SC5 requires a good battery, such as an Eneloop or Eneloop Pro, or else it will drop down to about 350 lumens.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a sucker for a good 1AA light. Subscribed.

Currently all my 1xAA lights are either grossly outdated or budget end lights. But I would be remiss to avoid mentioning how well the Thrunite TH20 has been for me as well as the Jaxman E3 (make sure to get the 4000k 219C).

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should try Parametrek's flashlight tool....it yields 169 matches for AA cell. You can drill down on the specifications you choose and end up with only a handful of choices.

My Thrunite Archer has the ability to take a 14500 cell...which boosts output considerably from 170L to over 500L....if you are into that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Best is subjective. I'd have to say that out of all of the ones I've owned, the best and most reliable was my S.S. Maratac AA model.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I don't know about "best" but my Peak Logan (QTC / steel version) has been my primary travel light for quite some years now.

Here it is with a ZL SC53w for comparison ...

pD9uta9.jpg

For "bright and small" this mod is fun (IMR14500 only) ...

QZuq9oS.jpg

Personal favorite, though, is probably this McGizmo / Malkoff hybrid ...

lGdnuUC.jpg

Last edited: