Impact XL

Gasguy

Newly Enlightened
New guy here with a question. I have seen several posts about the UK eLED but can't seem to find much info about the PT Impact XL. I have a few princeton tec incandecant lights and love them for there toughness. I also have a UK 4AA work light, good light also. But no buzz about the Impact XL here makes me think it might not be a very good LS LED light. Any info ? I see Brightguy has them for $23

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I read it was in the same league as the Reactor and UK 4AA eLED as for as brightness goes. Perhaps others might be able to expand more or offer comparisons. But anyway not a killer LS. The Reactor or UK might even beat it.

lingpau

Newly Enlightened
Hi ! I have an Impact XL and have used it quite a bit. If you are looking for a brite tight spotlight, this is NOT the light for you. If you are looking for a long lasting floodlight thats great for walking the dog at night and a all weather light, you will like it. It is not a super brite light but its light is very white. I also bought a red lens and cap that turns the Impact XL into a great light for use when you don't want to mess up your night vision. If you want a great little light that has a fairly tight spot that will throw its bright beam at least 50 yards, look at the Princeton tec 40. I use rechargables in it and its very brite for its size and economical.

indenial

Enlightened
I own 11 1 watt Luxeon LED lights. My Impact XL is the least bright of the group which is a surprise because it uses 4 AA Alkalines. It is, on the otherhand, the least expensive. It may have other qualities, but the beam is mediocre at best.

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
The main benefits of the Princeton Tec Impact XL are:
<ul type="square"> [*]Waterproof to scuba diving depth (100 meters)
[*]Non-slip grip
[*]Affordable
[*]Can use lithium batteries
[*]Long run time [/list]

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gasguy said:
New guy here with a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gasguy, welcome aboard. Either you are very brave to ask a question on your first post, or you did not follow my first post "Arc AAA lookalike with 3 LEDs".

Anyway you should have a lot of fun here if your wallet can stand it - I am.

haley1

Enlightened
The beam isn't perfect, or even close for flashaholics. But I have found it to be a tough, long lasting, waterproof, cheap batteries, very usefull light that can be depended on when needed. With lithiums, it can be left for years and used when needed.