Moving to Ft. Carson, CO --questions

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife came home yesterday and said that she's accepted an offer to transfer out of Ft. Hood, TX to replace some personnel at Ft. Carson, Colorado. It'll be a permanent change of station (PCS) which means we'll be there for 4-6 years.

It looks like we'll won't be leaving for another month or two, but I'm already looking for some nice places to live.

Anybody live around there? Anybody have any advice for me on the area?

Thanks, guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any tips for you but I wish you the best of luck!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
It's hard to go wrong in the Springs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif There are a lot of nice areas there (but there are bad too of course), and it is a great city in general. I can't give you specifics about living in the springs area, but as I'm from just west of Denver, I can tell you of many fun outdoor destinations/activities to entertain yourself in Colorado.

You are such a lucky dog!!! I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif with jealousy! Oh how I want to move back there!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif I'm already getting my fill of TX, and I've only been here 2.5 years. Not that TX is bad, but I like CO sooo much better. I really hope to move back there within the next 5-10 years. If you like the outdoors and can handle some cold during the winter, CO is an awesome state to live in! Summer in the Rocky Mountains is just wonderful. Do yourself a favor and get up there soon after you make your move, you won't regret it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Please don't hesitate to contact me for any outdoor/fun questions. You will be right on the front range of the Rockies, and there are some great spots to see within 1 hour of Ft. Carson. Also, there are some great fishing ponds on the base there. My dad has fished there several times, and always does well, but I'll have to ask him for more details about where exactly the ponds are.

Good luck with your move Jason! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know that it's a nice area. Too bad I'll have to get used to digging the car out in winter again. Texas has spoiled me in that aspect, but then again, it doesn't hit 99 degrees the 1st of June over there either... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not familiar with Ft. Carson, but I used to live in Ft. Collins, also on the front range in CO. It is a great area and you will love it. I didn't think the snow was bad at all since it would come down like mad sometimes, but the sun would usually burn it away in a day or two at that elevation. Very agreeable weather overall.

matt_j

Enlightened
Rockies... Few years back... Say hi to him if you make it up there...
IMG0016copy.jpg

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jason,

Good luck! I went to the United States Air Force Academy, near Colorado Springs, for a number of months before I quit, and I remember some awesome scenery. There are quite a few things to like about the area, I'm sure, but I can't give you any advice or anything. Just wanted to wish you and your wife the best of luck.