the bed from helll

raggie33

*the raggedier*
darn this bed stupid srping is poping my back so i flip matress but same thing so i figure i will cut out sping welll them springs are stong so i i figure ill pull it out so i can get more better cut on it .man that was bad idea no i have 3 sprongs all broke so no between the dum dog necxt door and this matress ill never sleep again

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eigh...that situation I know.

Best advise I can think of (Other than getting a new mattress, which is generally prohibitively expensive), is put LOTS of thick blankets over it. Alternatively, get one of those inflatable camping beds. That's what I used for a good four months before I managed to save enough to replace my mattress.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kaseri said:
One word...

Tempurpedic

[/ QUOTE ]

Last word:tempurpedic got it.Love it! Or just go to Walmart and buy an air mattress.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I wonder how many air mattresses you could buy for the price
of one Tempurpedic?
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
That is likely correct. My point was I think the price might be out of Raggies range as well as my own.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Understood. I've never slept on one of those AFAIK.

The air mattress sounds like a good idea. Just like lights, if we can't afford the one we'd really like to have, we'll find another way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I sleep on an ancient (later 80's) waterbed. I still haven't found any reason to dislike it.

But there HAS to be something in Raggies price range to help. A properly placed .22 CB cap should stop the barking...

Topper

Flashaholic*
Years ago I took a 1/4 inch piece of plywood and three sleeping pads for camping to place over a sprung mattress took two blankets longways to tuck it in good on the mattress so it would not slip. I had the camping pads already and the plywood was cheap at that time. I used that for quite awhile. I have never shared that before now, I was imbarassed at the time but I am way past caring what others think about me anymore. I was still single at the time; not sure if the wife would go for that but it served me well.

RH

Enlightened
There's nothing shameful about living within your means.

Topper

Flashaholic*
RH,You are so right. We sometimes lose perspective on things like that. I try to never forget who I am and why I am me due to who I was and where I came from and what I did.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i just been keep cutting on springs but i make it worse.may take off matress n sleep on box spring im not picky lol i cann add some blankets and i do have sleeping bag.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i got some old army blankets that i got last year .but i had put away cause a summer i got em out a closet put em over bed then sleeping bag on top and its a 1000 percent better ty for all the advcie .thease r the blankets i got but there like army blanket from 1944 lol there old but very strong .dad found em at garage sale last year and gavce em to me.i just cleaned em like 4 times and let em air dry a long time on cloths line last year.lol good as new now

kaseri

Enlightened
Tempurpedics are expensive however they are worth every cent. I have never slept better.