What's the Rolls Royce of led lights?

gorlank

Enlightened
What\'s the Rolls Royce of led lights?

I am a newbie to the world of high quality flashlights. I love led lights and am trying to learn as much as I can.
I've seen the prices charged for the high end lights such as the Katokichi Ichishiki light and the Alephs on the Custom BST.
So my question is, what is the Rolls Royce of led lights?Thanks, any info much appreciated.

Mark2

Enlightened
Re: What\'s the Rolls Royce of led lights?

Probably the upcoming Surefire U2...

Kiessling

Flashaholic

dito to that ... U2 for production lights.
In the custom section of CPF you find some very impressive creations as you have already mentioned, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The offers are so widespread nowadays that you can search for what you actually want and do not need to choose between few options around. Life is good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif
bernhard

cy

Flashaholic

Any Xbin light..
Any Larry light..
Li14430
ARC4X

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Larry's CR2 II:
CR2II1.jpg

McLux "Golden Dragon" ... BB750 X3T
Lux_Golden_Dragon_5W_640x480.jpg

Aleph1 in 1x123 configuration:
Aleph1devil.jpg

VIP
VIP_3.jpg

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Yes, this is the U2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif
The pic on the railroad was taken by GlowBug IIRC ...
bernhard

Size15's

Flashaholic

Yes, the U2 is the model shown both in Don's photo, and in my photo of it. Ricky took some photos of the U2 sample he has on some railroad tracks including this photo

Currently, the U2 has not yet been released. Some of us are lucky to have what I consider to be pre-production samples. That I'm aware of the style of the U2 will not change for production.

I consider the L6 to be the Rolls Royce of LED lights - it's large, long, wide, quality, powerful & hungry, and expensive as well as hard to get hold of.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
kakster said:

PK1

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me... what was that combination to your safe again? I just want to look at it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Seriously, I think the L6 is currently the high end of led lights. I'm waiting for the U2...

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Be careful when you throw around the term "Rolls Royce". Also keep in mind they don't just build cars, which I assume is what you're referring to.

The typical Rolls cars are large, ungainly, not very ergonomic, and underpowered. Granted that they're handbuilt, but that comes with it's faults. They have a high repair cost, and typically many problems down the road. I have heard the have gotten better in recent years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I doubt you would want those kind of poor qualities in the lights you're looking for. The one that have already been mentioned are great lights, and I would not compare them to a Rolls.

Before anyone flames me about my opinion of Rolls, let me ask you how many have you driven? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened

Ledmodman,

I'm a Brit and for what it's worth (off topic I know)I've never liked Rollers either. BTW I've actually driven Rolls & Bentleys' and think they are large, uneconomic overhyped status symbols. I'm not into arguements about anyone's right to own one but agree with you that using the term Rolls Royce of lights is not necessarily appropriate.

Doug

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Welll gentlemen ... it is not about actually *driving* a Rolls, that is a job for personnell. It is about sitiing in one while the chauffeur drives it ... and THAT is priceless IMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:Before anyone flames me about my opinion of Rolls, let me ask you how many have you driven? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Two, actually... but then, I agree with you. Little features like windows that roll all the way down, tight steering, and a suspension that doesn't wallow and roll would be nice.

But, as has been pointed out, it's not a driver's car. Still, I had my bout with a '73 MGB/GT, I'll never buy another British vehicle, thanks. Life is too short.

gorlank

Enlightened

I've never driven a Rolls but I'd always thought they were the epitome of Old World hand built elegance and power. Is nothing sacred? Perhaps I should have said Maybach?? Doesn't have the same ring though.:)
Thanks for the great pics Kiessling, that Aleph is a stunner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seen the new ones? A local paper carried an article about their centenary edition recently.

I can tell you the U2 or the lights named here look a HECK of a lot nicer than that square box. Like someone I know said "Looks like the hearse is here."