what do they use on CSI?

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I are fans of CSI and notice that they use their lights a lot, even when it seems that they could just turn on the room lights. At first I assumed that they must be using a SF or similar but if they use the lights that much then the 1 hour runtime would get to be a problem. (Of course who says TV actually represents reality.)

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
There are several threads about CSI lights.

The most common big light they're currently using is the SureFire M4. The most common small light is the Streamlight Scorpion.

The above is true for CSI: and CSI: Miami. CSI: NY uses the Scorpion almost exclusively, IIFC.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe somebody with some authority should make this a sticky, where you can add the different lights you've seen on there. .or make it part of the FAQ??

Ralf

Enlightened
... whereas in CSI LV the usage of lights is
much higher than on CSI Miami. I am bit disapointed
with CSI Miami in a flashoholics point of view /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Cheers
Ralf

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
On CSI:LV is a pretty abrupt change in the middle of Season 4. Up until this episode, the most often used light was the Streamlight Scorpion (maybe Strion), closely followed by the Surefire M4, followed by other lights. After that, they used the M4 MUCH more often. Also making it's first appearance was the portable microscope. Methinks that halfway during the 2003/2004 season the producer struck a lucrative product placement deal.