1) Browser can't find www.JSBurlys.com
2) www.JSBurlys.com domain Status: REGISTRAR-HOLD
3) JSBurly banner nolonger listed in CPF Banners forum
4) no posts from Jon for a week

Anybody have any info - concerned.

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
Re: What happened to [url]www.JSBurlys.com[/url]

i received a shipping comfirmation from jon on the 22nd....and an email or 2 the day before..

........wish everyone a safe/sane holiday!

rob

raggie33

*the raggedier*

now im worried jon are you ok?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not working here. I wonder if something is propagating?

raggie33

*the raggedier*

my guess is it works for those who have it in there cache.it dont work for me at all maybe dns ?

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Raggie,

Very astute observation. I think you may have it.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very interesting.. at first I assumed it was a simple case of the domain expiring like what happened to CPF, but apparently that is not the case :

Domain Name: JSBURLYS.COM
Updated Date: 25-nov-2004
Creation Date: 24-nov-2003
Expiration Date: 24-nov-2005

Check out the expiry date, it's 24-Nov-2005 - next year.

Greta

Flashaholic

Kevin... it actually DOES look exactly like what happened to CPF. It looks like Jon may have been one day late in renewing... which means that yes, it will take a day (or two) to propagate through the "system" and for everyone to have full access again. No worries, I'm sure... it happens... (don't I know it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif )

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ahh, now I see it - created 24-nov-2003, would mean it expires 24-nov-2004. Jon then renewed it on the 25th, while it was on temporary hold mode so the new expiry date reflects 2005. Good to know that it's not a huge problem and that he will be back shortly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had a slightly different problem with my registrar, I have two domains that I registered for someone and we are intending to let them lapse - they sent me an email every week for a month before their expiry, an email every week during the hold period, and an email every week during the grace period... they're trying NOT to let it pass by - probably also because it's an opportunity for them to make a sale if I decided to renew.

(them) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif (me) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

Kevin... Yes, they are pretty good when it comes to the reminders that you need to send them money... 'course, if you're NOT intending to let it lapse but you aren't the one receiving the reminders, it can come as quite a surprise when you wake up one day and find that you have expired... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif ... Lots of scrambling and phonecalls and turning the air blue with language that can make a bulldog blush... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif ... but thankfully that is all fixed now and won't ever happen again... at least not to CPF... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let's hope not Sasha, I don't want to have to go thru' CPF withdrawal syndrome again.

Meanwhile let's all hold our breath till JSBurly.com comes online again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think that nearly happened to me too - I changed email addresses without notifying them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Still, I think you handled the situation very well, the advice to use the IP address in the HOSTS file worked great. Maybe I should donate candlepowerforums.org to CPF too, hopefully we'll never need it, but if we do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Empath

Flashaholic

I didn't have a copy in my cache, but didn't have a problem. It popped right up.

RH

Enlightened

Jon called me on Tuesday, but I missed his call. All sounded well in his message.

Can someone tell me more about this registering. I registered my site on 12/28 of last year and haven't gotten any emails about renewing. Will my host send me something? If not, wo do I contact?

Thanks,
Robert

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

Robert, it depends on who you registered through. One of my domains was automatically re-registered and the charge applied to my same credit card. I was sent notices on the others.

Verisign has a TERRIBLE habit of using third party mailing services and strange aliases to send the renewal notices. When I get something from a strange domain it frequently hits my spam mail box. This is from a recent mailing;
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they had any brains they'd send renewal notices only from a verisign address so that mail admins could white-list it.

A simple way to avoid the dreaded locked domain is to renew it for the maximum period in advance. My main domain expires 02-Sep-2010. That assumes, of course, that the registrar will not go bankrupt before your domain expires.

Daniel