Operation Enlightenment III

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polar,
Batterystation.com has a system set-up were they send GI's in Iraq lights, batteries and such. (Predator Squadron) You can send batterystation a payment and they send the lights at cost. Ran into the guy that received the spot light and he thanked our "club" for providing a light that saved his bacon when he got back to the states. He got stuck in the middle of a lake during a storm and the light showed the way through the 6-8 foot chop so they would not sink. He says hello to all the CPF'ers and thanks again.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
Kevin,

What is needed most right now? Cash, or specific items? I am about to place an order with you and want to add something on for the Predators as usual. What would help you and them most?

batterystation

Enlightened
A few weeks ago we sent over some Otter cases with some real neat radios donated by CountyComm. They should be there any day now. We are doing another small shipment this week of some donated lights and the last few of the radios. We broke them up into several shipments to help with the troop rotation. Shipments are smaller but continued on a regular basis. I have not heard from them in about a month or so but usually do when boxes arrive.

batterystation

Enlightened
We have just started a raffle of three real nice new LED lights to generate a 4th of July flashlight shipment for the troops at the Hellfire Squadron. These flashlights can be seen on the CPF specials page or the Hellfire page of our site.
Click here: www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm or on my sig line below this post.
Thanks all!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

NICE PRIZES!!!!!

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Operation Enlightenment III RAFFLE!!!

This is GREAT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Hasn't a huge percentage of the Squadron rotated so that most of them are new? Lots of "cherries"...flashaholically speaking of course.

I had recently thought about Operation Enlightenment and realized it had been several months since I had donated. This is a perfect opportunity.

How Kevin states the mission of the raffle:

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> "This raffle is to generate funds for more batteries and the worlds finest flashlights to be shipped to the members of the 46th ERS Hellfire Predator Squadron based in Iraq." </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a box on the Predator/Hellfire page where Kevin is selling some of his own stuff in order to finance a box of lights to send to our <font color="red">PREDATORS </font>!

I think that you guys (who have recently posted here) and Dan of Tactical Warehouse are the handful that have kept OE going.

I also appreciate that CPF has kept this thread as a sticky for so long.

Just yesterday, I learned that flashlights and batteries selected for shipping to the troops that Battery Station carries are purchased with OE funds at Battery Station cost. So he doesn't make any money on the sales of Battery Stations stuff to Operation Enlightenment.

If he donates lights or batteries, he is out the money he paid for the lights.

It would be tough to decide which of these three lights (Gladius, HA3 PM6 3W LED, or HDS EDC Basic 60) I'd want to win. Since I've ordered one of the HA3 3W Pelicans already I can scratch that off the list. I've been interested in the Gladius ever since McGizmo wrote his review on it some time back....but I'd probably use the EDC B60 more.....plus there's the history of it that I was around CPF to witness firsthand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

Britt

McGizmo

Flashaholic

PP sent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

batterystation

Enlightened

The last email I received from the sand box was a thank you for the first arrival of some very small radios donated by CountyComm. We found they fit nicely in Otter 2000 cases, so we stuffed them in the cases and added a few extra batteries. What a combo!

Anyway, yes most of the troops are newbies to OE and us. I must admit these guys are hard to keep track of. They just send an occasional note from who knows where thanking all of us for the toys.

Though we ship quite a number of M6 LED lights, we have leaned more toward the AA powered lights after finding out something interesting. As long as they are there, CR123A batts are not a problem. The squadron has plenty laying around. BUT after they leave but are still in the field, 123's get extremely hard to find.

So we have leaned more toward the Gerbers and the like. This has had two benefits. They are AA powered AND their cost is WAY less. We can send two LX3 lights almost for the same dollars as one M6LED. The guys there are aware of this and have swapped out lights so that the 123 powered lights have stayed in the Squadron and the AA ones go on to other places.

We just thought it was about time for a "larger" assortment to help cover all the newbies there with something. Thanks all for your support. On a sidenote, I have lost track of Gary and Bryan. If anyone has heard from them, tell them to check in with us. I also noticed that the links to the flashlight party of Christmas 03 are no good and I pulled them off the CPF page.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kevin, I've bought a couple of the Gerber LX 3.0 lights and they were scooped up by friends right off.

They loaded them up with 3 Lithium AAs and use them for Glovebox lights. I have an older SL Task Light 1 watt LED 3xAA that has served very well. I like it because of the switch up near the head. But I so seldom use it, it wouldn't matter to me if the switch was on the tail. The SL TL 1watt LED 3xAA has a pretty good beam, but I think the Gerber LX 3.0 is a little better. So, I think I'll pick up another (and keep it a secret /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) for my own use.

I don't know whether to go for the clicky or twisty version.

I think the good old Pelican M6 Lithium (the Xenon incandescent version) is hard to beat for the price. Actually I think it's a better choice than some that go for quite a bit more.

A couple of spare lamps for less than $20.00 and you're set.

This new HA3 Pelican M6 Luxeon III LED is going into my backpack as soon as I have it. I remember McGizmo's little modules for the PM6 way back... really, really neat packages he made up. He'd use a Pelican watertight case with the foam on the inside and had all of these little compartments for various PM6 McModules and wild accessories he'd come up with. I won't have the Swiss Army type variety of one of his packages...but the HA3 PM6 3W LED will cover most all of my needs in a solid state light. I'll have a custom leather sheath made up for it and will be good to go for at least a year before needing to consider if I need something else.

Plus, the HA3s are only $99.00 ! Woohoo !

Go OE III Raffle, go!

Britt

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Will, weren't you lucky in one of my Giveaways once?

Maybe it'll hold for this one too! Good luck again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Which of the three would you prefer to land?

I received my HA3 Pelican M6 3W LED today and man, it's a good looking toughie. Thanks, Kevin, for pulling it off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Britt

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Paypal on the Waypal (or /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif if you prefer) for two tickets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif