Guarded two stage, momentary on clickie ?

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Hello, after searching around I have not been able to find what I am looking for, so I will try asking here.

Does anyone know if there is in existance a tail switch with these properties for Surefire E series bodies.
1) Guarded
2) Two stage, ie Hi and Lo
3) Latch on Hi or Lo
4) Water/liquid intrusion resistance (no dunking here, maybe some rain splash and greasy/oily hands)
5) Momentary on Hi or Lo

I know I'm asking alot and will most likeyly have to settle for something else. My priorities are in order as listed above, so If I have to settle I would eliminte abilities from bottom up.

Thanks for your help in finding this as of now mythical beast.

Best regards
Chris

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Alephtailcaps-primary-new.jpg

There are the so-called Aleph Tailcaps made by McGizmo (have a look at the FAQ in the McGizmo Forum for more details).
Those house the so-called McE2S-module that acts as a 2-stage switch for E-Series compatible lights. If you have a look at the different iterations above, you can choose one to your liking, guarded or not, with different attachment ooptions and different switch pressure.
They are water resistant, have momentary high and low ... BUT ... they are not clickies, but work like the A2/L2/L1 switch, meaning for constant on low you turn, and for constant on high you turn more.

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Ah ... and they work by dropping the regulator out of regulation and provide an artifical "moon mode". You choose the brightness of this low mode with a resistor.
THis also means they won't work with incans.
bernhard

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Hello, and thanks.

I thought that the Aleph switches were only momentary, with twist for constant on? Please tell me If I am wrong. I am looking for one that latches, unless an Aleph switch can be made to latch...?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
They are momentary low and high as well as constant low and high, but not by clicking ... they need you to screw in the switch to achieve constant-on, just like the Surefire L1 / L2 / A2 switches.

Right now there is no 2-stage clickie.

bernie

P.S.: Sorry, my non-native English has difficulties with a swiotch that "latches" ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Ctechlite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
They are momentary low and high as well as constant low and high, but not by clicking ... they need you to screw in the switch to achieve constant-on, just like the Surefire L1 / L2 / A2 switches.

Right now there is no 2-stage clickie.

bernie

P.S.: Sorry, my non-native English has difficulties with a swiotch that "latches" ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Please no apologies, your help is appreciated greatly!

Thank you
Chris