So I get my credit card statement...

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
and I calculate the $$$ I've spent since discovering CPF. Now , I've only been a registered user here at CPF for about 2 weeks, but I have been reading past posts for about a month. This past month alone, I spent over $877.00 on flashlight-related items. This includes drop-in modules, sandwiches, complete lights, batteries, chargers, etc.

I don't know, but I think I got bit bad. I've always liked flashlights, but prior to finding CPF, I had no "outlet". Anyone else go crazy like I have? How much was your initial "investment".

The worse part is, knowing I spent all that money, I went ahead and ordered another thing from a CPF vendor. Is there a Flashlights Anoynymous group anywhere? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, it's dark now and I'm gonna go play with my "toys".

Take care.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wutda
Welcome to CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

You need my 4 Step program immediately!

Step 1) Send all your flashlights to me.......NOW!
Step 2) When you get the urge to buy a flashlight....Send me $10.00
Step 3) Every time you log on to CPF......Send me $5.00
Step 4) Repeat steps 1-3 until broke and without light!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm close to $700 for the last 6 1/2 weeks for my flashlight purchases. $215 of it was on batteries and chargers. The first purchase was made on April 21st (orb Raw, u-bin.

Not sure what you mean by initial "investment". Worst thing about it is I'm not done buying, I still need a few more....USL (hoping), one of those dimable Trilux III's, Silver Raw (could probably pass on this one, but....), maybe a Terralux (3d version or smaller), possible a HDS EDC Basic 85 (coming soon?!?).....that should probably do me.... I wish I could remember that I want to wait on these items though (except for the USL, I don't want to wait on that one), at least until the K2 LED's come out because then everything is going to be bigger and better and I'd have to buy all over again.

Sure glad I haven't gotten the Surefire bug, yet!!

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't even want to count anymore. The joy of this hobby is suddenly negated when I try to do an accounting on my purchases.

cslinger

Enlightened
Try having guns, computers, flashlights and cars as your hobbies. Heck guns and flashlights go together so either one can justify buying the other. It's a black hole I tell you.

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
Wutda
Welcome to CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

You need my 4 Step program immediately!

Step 1) Send all your flashlights to me.......NOW!
Step 2) When you get the urge to buy a flashlight....Send me $10.00
Step 3) Every time you log on to CPF......Send me $5.00
Step 4) Repeat steps 1-3 until broke and without light!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Beamhead. Any takers on your 4-step program? I'm sure you'd be very rich by now, especially if you had CPF'ers as your clients /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's good to know I'm not alone in this. There's still a lot of things I want to get as far as lights go. I figure there's a lot worse things I could be doing after dark.

vtunderground

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cslinger said:
Heck guns and flashlights go together so either one can justify buying the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I used to have a gun habit, but that got real expensive real fast. My flashlight habit has helped me stop buying guns. Although, I recently bought a new Remington 870 18" as an accessory for my PM6 LED.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wutda said:
Thanks Beamhead. Any takers on your 4-step program? I'm sure you'd be very rich by now, especially if you had CPF'ers as your clients /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I do have one client....
Unfortunately it is me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

No one appreciates the service I am trying to offer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Beast, Maxabeam, X990, cool custom mods from Don, Charley and Bill, lathe, mill, and then comes tooling! You'll get no sympathy from me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if that was actually your Beast(!!).....now it has been confirmed....poor guy, I'd try to talk some sense into you but it is clear that you've long lost touch with reality. You should be featured on an episode of dateline or 20/20 when they discuss the disturbing "new" disorder popping up all over the world....CFD -- compulsive flashlight disorder. People from all walks of life will be talking about how they saw this "crazy guy" on TV that has many thousands of dollars (reached 10 yet?) invested in his flashlights.

BTW, Costa Mesa really isn't too far away from me....if you're ever planning an exhibition of your Beast (and others), I should like to see them!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I money ordered a lot of my stuff, so I have no real accounting of it all...

Total is well in excess of 100 lights... you figure it out!

My only "customs" are Space Needle II, Starlux, Milkbone, Chop'ed KL3, XM3 (times 2), Madmax+ LuxI and Lambda LuxIII drop ins.

My only "Pro" light is a Stinger.

I think I'd freak if I knew the truth!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Trashman,

I have over $1,100 in the set of collets for the lathe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif $10K in the last year? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I don't even wanna know what I've spent. Mostly M*g mods, but I have a Keylux AA 200, Arc AAA (first time I've admitted this), several Sammiches, Thor, EL Tri-Star 4D, EL BL3, EL BL 1R, EL BL-JR EL FT-3C, EL LumaLux, Mag 85, Costco Wind Up. Emillion Stainless Steel 1AAA(4). A whole mess of luxes & drivers & stuff Oh MY.... That's all I'm gonna talk about now. I BLAME CPF! THIS CAN'T BE MY FAULT!!!!!