is your wife/girlfriend/significant other supportive of your flashlight addiction?

tychoseven

Newly Enlightened
She doesn't care about tint, runtime, output, etc., but she does keep "borrowing" my lights so at least she recognizes that they're useful. I've even gifted her a couple and she still takes mine!

turshi

Newly Enlightened
My mother gives me 'the talk' about not spending too much money and prioritize money spending and the like every time a package comes.

plk7

Newly Enlightened
First off, I wouldn't call it an addiction yet, rather an interest (strong enough to register on this forum). This echoes what a lot of others have said, but my wife thinks it's a little weird. She also thought that way when I was into watches, and more recently, knives and multi-tools. I don't think she minds the latter two and flashlights as much, as they are much less $$$ than the watches I was interested in. She has also definitely benefited from my carry of these items, so I think that mutes some of the potential complaining.

mostel california

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if I'm addicted, but my significant other has seen a slew of USPS/UPS boxes coming in. She's been pretty cool about it. I reckon she won't freak out if one or two more land anytime soon. After that, she might start asking questions...

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if I'm addicted, but my significant other has seen a slew of USPS/UPS boxes coming in. She's been pretty cool about it. I reckon she won't freak out if one or two more land anytime soon. After that, she might start asking questions...

Do what I do, send em to the parents so she doesn't notice! Shhhh

rcyo88

Newly Enlightened
My gf is tolerant but she doesn't understand why I need more than one. I bought my gf an E05 (fenix) for her bday to help her understand. The lil' light should be coming next week. Maybe I can convince her to buy me H502 (zebralight) for my bday next month. Hehehehe. Btw, I bought her more than a light for her bday; it was just a quick add-on. :whistle:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Supportive might be too strong a word.......

I use them for work, so she really doesn't SEE the lights much....but if I do a pocket dump and there's say 3 lights, she does look a bit askance at me. Luckily, she knows what I do for a living, etc, and that I am in dark places, etc...and sort of understands why I might need lights...but is not quite there yet as far as why ONE light is not be able to do everything I need.

I DID manage to get her to carry a p60 sized surefire in her glove box of the wrangler (LED drop-in), a tritium fob and a fauxton for her key chain. The tritium is nice because it lights the room up after you're night adjusted....and you don't have to turn it on/off or worry about cells, etc.

Its in a nice fob from Merkava in CPFM, looks like a teeny antique bronze lantern. (T6 Aluminum)

:D

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Former girlfriend liked the _idea_ of my flashlight collection, and loved having a good flashlight (I gave her a Fenix as a present once,) but the actual intricacies of the flashlight market didn't interest her. But she'd fully understand if we went somewhere and I had three of the on me at a given time.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Does it count if my girlfriend bought me a flashlight but then tells me I shouldn't buy/don't need anymore? Women are such confusing creatures...but definitely great to have around to do things for. And vice versa lol. But really...what does it mean if she did ^that?

drdmsmith

Newly Enlightened
Does it count if my girlfriend bought me a flashlight but then tells me I shouldn't buy/don't need anymore? Women are such confusing creatures...but definitely great to have around to do things for. And vice versa lol. But really...what does it mean if she did ^that?

I suggest that it means she wants to continue buying them for you...
Create a list so that it is easy for her.... She is so thoughtful.

genius5th

Newly Enlightened
lately very supportive, once she figured out what the hype was about and she knows that it's just a hobby and if I enjoy it then she is happy for me.

zyzz

Newly Enlightened
haha no girl firend here but my brother envys my collection

CPFBiology

Enlightened
One time, I spent close to 350 and it really rustled her jimmies. Oh dear, why could I spend so much. It is because I already had a bunch of other flashlights. Oh well, she mad, then she mad. She just doesn't understand the interest and how useful they can be under the right situations.

gglockner

Newly Enlightened
I would have to say no. Am I supportive of all the shoes she has? I think not.