OH MAN IT'S HOT!!

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the record, I believe S America is suffering one of it's coldest winters on record.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, by far hottest summer I can remember in MA, it's been over 90 every single day for like weeks, it was 104 a week ago. The worst part is the humidity is insane! I've got the best thermometer shot though, I swear it's not photo shopped! I love the heat index:eek:!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Man it's hot outside, yea but the humidity makes it feel worse. Feels like it's 483 degrees out here" LOL!

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Glad I got fired from my crappy job. I don't have to work outside in this heat.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well... actually it's 109 now. Looking toward 115 predicted high for today.

115...brrrrr! It got to 145.6 here last week...yesterday was about 138 easy. I'll have to snap a pic of the thermometer. Of course I don't "Live" where I'm at now (thank God), but 6 months is long enough to qualify. We're at 101 now according to my (google side bar) and it's only ten! Of course, where I'm actually at, it's usually about 10-15 degress hotter.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
82 degrees F at 12:00 AM(midnight) last night/this morning.(Aug.14,2010) Portland,OR resident checking in.

I just checked Accuweather.com, and it's 63 degrees F at 5 AM. Looks like 95 degrees F today,97 degrees F tomorrow,and (oh god) 98 degrees F on Monday.

As if that weren't enough,there's a Heat Advisory in effect until Monday,Aug.16 ending at 9 PM.Joy oh joy.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Phoenix is 110F today and 112F tomorrow but the humidity has dropped down to 20-30%. In late July we had some 108's with 65% humidity which is very high here.

The temperature inside of parked cars here is what really blows me away and also what I seem to notice the most. This is from the shaded side of the center console. The dash was 240F!?!

Interiortemperatureintruck.jpg

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke too soon earlier in the thread. It's 11am and 90 degrees. Got to 97 yesterday, supposed to get to 100+ today and for the next three days. The heat just kills me, I'd be perfectly happy if the temperature never got above 60 degrees or so. I'll be hiding inside in the AC, unless my wife can get tomorrow off, in which case we'll be leaving for our house on the coast ASAP.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's like measuring output at the emitter, instead of OTF. :whistle:

But yeah, so hot; even my poor smilie is sweating. :sweat:

We moved our pull bar into one of our bays so we could use (it has aluminum bars), but that didn't really help, as the aluminum is still too hot to hold in the middle of the day...and that's inside!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The dash was 240F!?!

Yup, that's about right. All the evidence points to the sun-exposed areas of a car hovering between 180-200 degrees on a 90 degree day, so 240 degrees on a Phoenix summer day should be correct. And that's why you store your flashlight in the trunk..

nbp

Flashaholic
Another scorcher. 88 degrees with 58% humidity, the "feels like" temp is 94. Ick. :sweat: