Picture of your GIZMO !

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I actually have a Thorpe MIP 1/16" hex driver on the way. I was able to change out the clips with a good hex driver but it did slip a bit and totally stripped one of he screws. Good thing the new clips came with their own screws. Extra orings and boots are a good idea though. And I did see picks of some of your collection, Jason. Pretty damn impressive in it's own right.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I actually have a Thorpe MIP 1/16" hex driver on the way. I was able to change out the clips with a good hex driver but it did slip a bit and totally stripped one of he screws. Good thing the new clips came with their own screws. Extra orings and boots are a good idea though. And I did see picks of some of your collection, Jason. Pretty damn impressive in it's own right.
You are all set. A few months back, I ordered an extra clip, several screws, all the O rings and some boots from Don. I also have a spare switch. Just in case, I can put a McGiz back in service right away.

I keep all my parts in my flashlight parts box, and I have a Plano tackle box for just cleaning and servicing all my brands of lights. Between the paracord, the beads, and boxes and all the paperwork I save, it is like having a small business on the side.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
murrydan, that has to be the flashlight pic of the year. Congratulations!! Well, stopped thinking of the 6v XP-G2 Haiku head and went ahead and got one. Kit now complete.

F4BC993A-546F-456A-9A6A-834EA2564FF2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The two siblings together.
53AC34C2-93F7-4785-9FCB-0E46AE366273.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
You know, I forgot to mention to add some Surefire 1" red, blue and diffuser covers to your kit. I keep a set of all three of them in mine even though I have a Haiku with a Red LED in it and a Red LED Sun Drop, they could come in handy for you and that should really complete your kit.

Also, I forgot to add a full size Surefire neck lanyard. This is a just in Case thing and not for everyday.

Last edited:

Cristian

Newly Enlightened
New to me McLux III PD in Slate Grey. Love this light and have been EDC'ing it for the past few days.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Haiku w/ 2x123 pak, I modded with a 5000k XML2 and running a 17670 cell.

Low

Medium

High

rdwilson

Newly Enlightened
We waited and waited for what seemed like an eternity for Don and crew (Skunkworks) to finish the light. Couldn't wait to get our grubby hands on a *real* Ti, high output LED, light.

By today's standards, it seems crude but in 2003 it was revolutionary. Perhaps someone can chime in and let us know how many were produced in the limited production run. I was quite lucky to get the 29th in the series.

logo_small-1.jpg

00-1.jpg

Check out the Flash content from the original web site.
[video]http://w5tux.com/files/intros.swf[/video]

[video]http://w5tux.com/files/funky_skunk.swf[/video]

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
@RedLeD at the moment I have a Malkoff M61 219LLL and am running primaries. I'm going to be switching to my M30wf as soon as I get a couple 4.35v Keepower 16650 cells. I'm thinking I'm going to love that set up!

Cristian

Newly Enlightened
Had a custom clip made to match the one on my HD-7. Steel Flame does it right.