The Walking Dead ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS*** - You've Been Warned!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: The Walking Dead

Actually, its totally unenhanced. Here's a brightened up view from a few seconds later:

sd31cg.png

I didn't see it either until the 2nd viewing. So much new stuff (after a slow 2nd season). It took a while to even notice that the silencers (there are at least two) are home made.

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened

I like your thinking EG. Only one viewing here so far but i have to say i caught the mag-light silencer straight away.

Then as they were working the prison corridors i started wondering about the battery supply they must have! Id be more worried about the batteries then the ammo yet i dont recall them ever discussing such things.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Sounds like a 3rd viewing is in order!

That's a great still-shot. I'm thinking the scene and his movements went by so fast that it was easy to miss. I mean honestly, who uses a M@glite as the basis for a silencer?

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I like your thinking EG. Only one viewing here so far but i have to say i caught the mag-light silencer straight away.

Then as they were working the prison corridors i started wondering about the battery supply they must have! I'd be more worried about the batteries then the ammo yet I don't recall them ever discussing such things.

They found a bunch of lights and other equipment in the prison. I'm sure they found a nice supply of CR123 cells too. But that scene was likely edited out. ;)

Alpinebully

Newly Enlightened

Maybe they got a bunch of our Aussie G17A's with the 'extended barrels' to meet the revised laws back in 2002 because you know, the extra 3mm in barrel length really makes them so much less concealable... Anyways im going off on a tangent, so yeh they clearly got some G17A's, tapped the end of the barrel and somehow drilled and tapped the maglight to thread onto the barrel :)

Seriously tho, im impressed they have taken the details right down to the hole in the end of the light, wouldnt be surprised if it was real given that level of detail.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

How the hell can you attach a Maglite to the Glock?

:confused:

Hollywood magic.

A homemade silencer isn't the sort of thing a TV show wants to actually use because it might lead to someone making one as well. Then you get major legal nightmares if the design is used in real life by some scumbag. So you make something that looks realistic only. The silenced shot is put in during post production.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The Walking Dead

Darn, they were starting to look like the perfect energy source. Just put a 1000 of them per building, each on a treadmill with something to chase!

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you go to the officlal website,there is a program that syncs with the show so you can answer questions etc as the show progressess. Works on the ipad too.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Darn, they were starting to look like the perfect energy source. Just put a 1000 of them per building, each on a treadmill with something to chase!

LOL

Nothing but good things could come of that. ;)

Samy

Enlightened

Shhh! Don't spoil it i'm watching it right now. Nothing like searching zombie threads while watching zombie TV... ;)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Walking Dead is one of the better cable shows, so good in fact, that I got the season one and season two DVDs...

( couple of other cable shows that are good --- The Killing, Dexter, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire....)

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Southland was a pretty good series too.

Another zombie (+vampire + werewolves) series I can recommend is MTV's Death Valley: it's a comedy but hilarious! Definitely worth watching!