The Walking Dead ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS*** - You've Been Warned!

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened
Re: The Walking Dead

oh no.. i really hope herschel not become a zombie,
he is a good character,
but , why rick believe is gonna save him, by cutting his leg?

this thing is probably viral, so it wouldn't make any difference, if he cut herschel's leg...
or ??

p.s. S.F.M.B.E.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

remember, Rick mentioned "it's in all of us", so not contagious. Also why she freaked out when she thought the baby was going to be still born. A zombie in the womb is not a good thing.
So, yeah, maybe cutting off his leg will save him.

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened

remember, Rick mentioned "it's in all of us", so not contagious. Also why she freaked out when she thought the baby was going to be still born. A zombie in the womb is not a good thing.
So, yeah, maybe cutting off his leg will save him.

I Hope so, ;), the the show is great..

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Amputation has been done before. First time I saw it was in a kung-fu movie. Master was poisoned in his arm, then demanded that one of his students cut off the limb before the poison could travel through his body and reach his heart. In another recent zombie flick that takes place in Vegas, one of the charters loses a couple of fingers only, after a zombie gets a little nibble. In that film, it worked. In many other ones, it just seems to slow down the transformation.

As far as the series itself, I didn't start watching it until Season 2. And then, not regularly until half-way past Season 2 when they finally picked up the pace. I get it . . . It's supposed to be a zombie LONG-TERM survival series. Not some, "Hey, let's just get to the boat and then we'll see what happens" sort of zombie film. Still, it was agonizingly slow a lot of the time.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
The Walking Dead

Me and my wife were visiting my Mom this passed weekend. Started watching The Walking Dead, they had a marathon, seeing that the new season was going to start. Needles to say we're going to try and find all the season and buy them so we can catch up. The show is awesome!! We just finished up watching seasons 1-4 of Sons of Anarchy to do some catching up on that one as well, that show is great too.

gunga

Flashaholic
The Walking Dead

Love this show. Only got into it a few months ago. Good thing too as I only had to wait about a month for season 3 to start!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Amputation has been done before....
...In that film, it worked. In many other ones, it just seems to slow down the transformation.

In the case of poison/venom, the goal is to reduce percentages. If 65% is lethal and you can cut off the blood flow before 10% of the poison passes, it will just make you sick for a bit. In the case of a pathogen, even .01% will eventually kill, so it would have to be before any single (viable) cell has time to enter.

As far as the series itself, I didn't start watching it until Season 2

The series was created by a zombie obsessed perfectionist who was fired before season 2, for spending to much money. Season 1, episode 1 is better than most movies. You gotta go back.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

oh no.. i really hope herschel not become a zombie,
he is a good character,
but , why rick believe is gonna save him, by cutting his leg?

this thing is probably viral, so it wouldn't make any difference, if he cut herschel's leg...
or ??

p.s. S.F.M.B.E.

Don't worry, Herschel gets his revenge on Rick in Episode-6, Rick gets bitten on the left hand, Darryl and Herschel had to remove it.

(Just kidding...:kiss:)

Monocrom

Flashaholic

The series was created by a zombie obsessed perfectionist who was fired before season 2, for spending to much money. Season 1, episode 1 is better than most movies. You gotta go back.

Now that one I did see. Awhile back AMC was featuring the very first episode all over again, but in Black & White. Very impressive. Ended with Rick trapped in tank and getting a very condescending radio message. When I have a chance, I plan on ordering seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

BTW, for those who missed it, Merle is back! But you're going to have to wait one more week to see him.

weez82

Enlightened

You doing it all wrong, no wonder it didn't work. You attach the Glock to a Maglite, not the other way around! Silly. :p

On a more serious note, do zombies starve to death?

If it makes sense then it doesnt happen. One would think that for a "zombie" to survive it would need fuel. But that makes sense and this show doesnt make sense, lol. Just look at all those 50+ yard head shots with a pistol. I dont think they missed one shot. Yeah, thats believable, lol.

lordello

Newly Enlightened

one of the best TV shows ever... but the comics is better...

I wonder how they recharge their flashlight battery... solar panels? dinamo?

inté

Monocrom

Flashaholic

They found a giant supply of batteries in the prison. That scene ended up on the Cutting Room floor. :whistle:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also hope they put in a mean weapon on Hershel as well. :)

Just like they did to Cherry Darling in Planet Terror??

dvd_planet_terror_1016_zps5c67a1ba.jpg

Last edited: