What did you use your flashlight for today?

Kletsou

Newly Enlightened
I live in South Africa.... It is sad that in a perceived good neighbourhood thing like this happens. From time to time you get crime sprees in some of the "better" neighbourhood and it is lightly referred to as "affirmative shopping".

I agree that it is so sad but I've always maintained that proper use of a good light take the fighting spirit out of a lot of people. I was a cop for more than ten years and boy oh boy if I had the lights in those days that you get today.... I think this is the reason why I love lights so much today and have one for almost every occasion today

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was at a job site the other night that was in an isolated area nestled in a clearing in the woods. It was dark and a little spooky, so I pulled out my trusty Fenix PD30 to survey the area for obstacles and critters when the batteries ran down and it suddenly dropped into moonlight mode. Agh.

Luckily I had a backup in the form of a 2C Bushnell with fresh batteries.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
The other night I was driving home after practice and my son and I saw something run across the soccer field. Took out my Quark 123 High CRI and lit up a good part of the field. Turns out it a a Texas sized jack rabbit.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I live in South Africa.... It is sad that in a perceived good neighbourhood thing like this happens. From time to time you get crime sprees in some of the "better" neighbourhood and it is lightly referred to as "affirmative shopping".

I agree that it is so sad but I've always maintained that proper use of a good light take the fighting spirit out of a lot of people. I was a cop for more than ten years and boy oh boy if I had the lights in those days that you get today.... I think this is the reason why I love lights so much today and have one for almost every occasion today

A police officer is South Africa?? Damn! You're either crazy or extremely brave. I'll go with the latter. Much respect to you. I know of officers in some of the toughest and most brutal neighborhoods in America who would never even consider trying to police in South Africa. (No offense intended.)

Kletsou

Newly Enlightened
To tell you the truth – things is really not bad in South Africa – it is the same across the globe – there is areas where you can walk freely without any worries and then there a place best to be avoided if you are not a "local" or do not understand the "rules" of the area. In general we have "the good life" out here :sssh:
There is area in NYC, LA Seattle where I felt saver at 00:00 walking around than at 12:00 in some malls in South Africa. Then there is also areas in the same places where I will never venture alone. But as mentioned earlier – a decent flashlight tends to take away the will to do wrong at night when someone lights you up :):thumbsup:

bobbagum

Newly Enlightened
A (drunk?) guy was trying to pee in an alley opposite my house just now, blasted him with turbo from my TK35 from across the street, really confirmed that I needed the turbo mode, as the other mode's too dim to light up all the way into the alley

varmint

Enlightened
Well a different one today for me. I used my Microstream to look at the date of 2 coins with a loupe that I was sent, a 1914D penny and a 1916 dime..I was sent the wrong dime !! Just an honest mistake.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
All kinds of basement and attic hunting around for the last few days.
For a one mode light the Malkoff Little Twisty with an M31LW is incredibly useful. Just about like having a personal shop light in my back pocket, I wouldn't want it any brighter unless I had multiple modes, good useful runtime of about three hours of full power on two AA Eneloops.
It's a light that I don't have to think twice about letting someone else use, nothing to explain, not worried about it being left on in a pocket and over heating, not worried about them breaking it either, just don't lose it or walk off with it.
-and it holds some duct tape for me on the handle, which also makes things easy on the teeth if a bite hold is necessary.

I'll carry more adjustable and versatile lights certainly, but this one is about perfect for my tool belt, getting hard use, cauk, foam insulation, whatever. I trust this little light, it's just what I always wanted the original Mini-Maglight to be, the warm tint rocks.

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been painting last two
days. Used the lights to help locate small holes and dips in the wall that needed spakling

Last edited:

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Used my 4Sevens Quark 123 to find a couple of geocahces the other day. Also used it to find a couple of pieces to a puzzle that me and my kids are working on.

scout24

Flashaholic
High-cri Haiku for dog walking, MD2 w/M60 along for the ride in case there was something scurrying around that needed to be identified. Same Haiku for cleaning dust bunnies out from under furniture while cleaning. Titan for 2am run to kitchen. Paklite in the process of trying to kill a Duracell 9v, to verify runtime...

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
Used my Jet 1 pro 3 neutral beam to illuminate a tentacled snake at the San Diego Zoo today so that my daughter & I could see it. She had read about tentacled snakes & wanted to see them. Normally she is very accepting and loving of all creatures- she say's she wishes she hadn't seen the snake. She loves the zoo, who wouldn't, but has decided the tentacled snake is just plain ugly. Her dad totally agrees

stephpd

Newly Enlightened
Noticed the light getting dim with my EDC and had to use it, before it totally died, to find my spare batteries.:thumbsup:

Phillupahole

Newly Enlightened
LED LENSER x21 used to settle the on going argument between me a mate of whose torch is better his O-light sr 51 was left wanting with its non focus able beam

allen2oo3

Newly Enlightened
I bet I have a first here...I am currently visiting at my parents house right now. I was sitting in the dining room when my mom came in and started wrapping wontons for dinner. Afyer a few minutes she made a comment about how it seemed dark in the room. I got my zebralight h31 out and put it on her head. At first she complained that it was a waste of battery but then I told her how long it could run on the level she was at. She wore it for the next hour while making dinner. The wontons were great and I can't wait to have more tomorrow.