2 stage switch for "E" series

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: 2 stage switch for \"E\" series

any chance that the tailcap shown in the pic will be produced in great numbers (more than one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) ?
I'd be interested. No, wrong. I'd be VERY interested.
bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Bernhard,

I keep running into speed bumps and road blocks on this project but the guarded tail cap shown is most definitely part of this program. I am hoping for a TK version of this switch and the tailcap shown would be the host for the TK. It may end up that a TK is not viable if I can't get reasonable prices on all components required but even if that is the case and a LOTC needs to be caniblized, I plan to have this cap as an option instead of the stock LOTC cap.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Don, this sounds VERY good to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Keeping fingers crossed ...
bernhard

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
...the..McGuarded Switch...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif LOL

Don, what do we call your switch body: McGuard? McFlange? Mc2step? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I am very excited about these and hoping that all the speedbumps get flattened out.

I suppose I better buy a couple of HA Nat E LOTCs while they can be had reasonably cheap. I won't want to sacrifice my matching black LOTCs for my black E2Es. Will sending in LOTCs with an eventual order help you out?

Britt

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

Since Darell asked for beam shots, I feel compelled to ask what the runtime will be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hey,
Some of you guys, you know who your are, blow me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No time for a "nice" photo right now but below is the line up I think Tyler wanted:

switch-line-up.jpg

The tapped hole for the tab is blind so the tab install is optional. I would expect a bezel down clip might be attached at this mount point as well but there aren't a lot of threads. I don't know if this particular tapped hole will be a problem for production pieces or not. Actually, at this point, there are a bunch of unknowns! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

As for a name, I figured it would be a Mc something whether I named it or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I have been calling it McE2S for Mc E 2 stage. I think a name should come *after* a real part anyway. Beam shots and runtimes are coming right up! You guys just stop everything and keep refreshing this page! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

In the mean time, I'll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Mickey Two Stage has kind of a nice ring to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Hey,
Some of you guys, you know who your are, blow me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Phil_B

Enlightened

I'd love one of these Don.Do you want a Paypal deposit? Not a problem for work this nice.
How about McOI? As in off/on and McCoy.I'll get me coat...

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Hey,

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

"McE2S" works for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif McE2S has a nice ring to it. Can we claim a spot in line now or do we have to drive/fly over and camp out on your lawn? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Darell

Flashaholic

No worries Mike. You'll know they're available just as soon as you hear they've all be sold. I told Don that I was first in line MONTHS ago... but he forgets things.

Geheim

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
I told Don that I was first in line MONTHS ago... but he forgets things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he just ignores certain people. Very wise Don is, yes indeed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chad

roguesw

Enlightened

oooh, i like the pk signed e2d /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
as always waiting on plans with baited breath
Des

Kiessling

Flashaholic

any updates on this one ... Master?

this is the ultimate winner!
just a little tailcap ... and all our e-series lights and McLux heads etc. will be two-level-units!
we will be able to move one step further without our precious lights being obsolete!
I am very excited about this project, very excited.
Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

bernhard

jtice

Flashaholic

Yea, I am very excited about this also.
This will add so much versitility to all our lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don, Your tailcap is just ingenious (!) but just curious, why did you go the L1/L2 route function-wise rather than retain the clickie on-off and turn the cap to adjust the hi-lo? In other words, turn the cap to adjust intensity, use the clickie to turn it on-off.