A little sorry that I Became A Member Here, but actually not that much really ...

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Re: Sorry I Became A Member Here

I'm definitely more of a user than a collector. I'll sell a light to buy another more suitable one.

What this site has done is open my eyes to beam quality, tint and CRI. It's a whole new world and I like it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Amazon is not sorry I became a member here.

But when Discover sent a 'thank you' I considered seeking professional help....

Nah, I can quit anytime.

ven

Flashaholic

Amazon is not sorry I became a member here.

But when Discover sent a 'thank you' I considered seeking professional help....

Nah, I can quit anytime.

Hardest part of any issue is admitting it..........

I have flashlight problem!

Right, thats out of the way, now where was i.........thats it! checking some surefire goodies out :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic

:laughing: nah, your problem is why you have not sussed it yet:poke:

Stick it on the end of a 6D ........

;)

Reminds me of :duh2:

Skeeterg

Enlightened

I thought I learned from the other hobbies I had,but noooo. 3 months and 12 lights later. Help

BVH

Flashaholic

Come on you guys....You've got nothing to cry about until you've gone this far overboard!

Now THAT'S a flashlight!

ven

Flashaholic

BVH I :bow: in complete and utter unworthiness to you, that is just amazing ...................you are the daddy:cool:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Come on you guys....You've got nothing to cry about until you've gone this far overboard!

Now THAT'S a flashlight!
LMBO!!! :crackup:

How's the runtime?

The light aint the issue. It's the $50,000 truck and trailer to carry it.

Then there's all those batteries to haul around.

Archangel72

Newly Enlightened

LMBO!!! :crackup:

How's the runtime?

The light aint the issue. It's the $50,000 truck and trailer to carry it.

Then there's all those batteries to haul around.

50K for the truck alone nearly Im sure when was the last time you priced out a nicely equiped superduty extended cab 45+ anyway I'd bet he's nearer to 60K truck and trailer and taxes

:mecry:

Archangel72

Newly Enlightened

Now THAT'S a flashlight!

Ok But nearly all mine I can get in my pocket.. the TK75 will at least go in a holster..

But seriously you just did a comparison of like I love my Kimber 1911 to Well I love my M1A2 Abrams Tank.... Totally apples and oranges =)

I'm a really new member...(Look at my post count), what started as backing the Prometheus BetaQR on kickstarter has spiraled out of control to a full fledge obsession!. Several BetaQR's later, an Alpha Ready, several Eagle Tacs, Nitecores (3), I'm eyeballing the McGizmo Haiku and Cool Falls Spy007...Does anyone know how to sprout a money tree? I water the quarters (everyday) I planted a month ago and still nothing!! haha.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Because It's costing me money, lol. This flashlight thing sure is addicting.

I started with a Convoy S2+ XM-L2 U2 1A then decided I wanted the neutral tint so ordered an S+ with neutral tint. So I'm at REI looking at some camping gear, and can't leave without looking at the flashlights. Needless to say, I came home with a Fenix E12. I wanted something to drop in my pocket for EDC and this seemed perfect. Now Saturday I'm out shopping, and came across a Nitecore P12, and guess what? Yup, I now own it. I think it's all down hill from here. :eek:

Welcome to the family! This is indeed a very nice hobby but unfortunately it never stops.
A good advice: get rid of credit cards...

Look at my collection: 8-9 years ago my flashlight collection included a MiniMaglite, Maglite 2D, Maglite 6D and a Ledlenser 3AAA light...

Last edited:

Tre_Asay

Enlightened

I am supposed to be saving money...
then again the majority of money I have spent has not gone into flashlights, only about 1/3 :faint:.
Protip, hide away your debit / credit cards and carry a limited amount of cash. Don't buy anything online because it tends to have a snowball effect.
Also stay away from the custom makers and builders forums, titanium, copper brass, ss, damascus, tritium, and mokume gane suks, and don't even think about buying a flashlight with more than 2000 lumens. :devil:
anyways I am off to go find a flashlight that has copper heatsinks, tritium inserts, titanium-damascus strike bezel, mokume gane body, stainless steel tailswitch, and puts out 3000 lumens.
(kidding) :broke:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

I cured the habit quite easily, I added how much I spent and thought what a terrible waste of money as it is only a tube with a chip in the end.A high-end Fenix costing silly pounds does the same job as a light from Aldi costing a few quid with the added bonus of a 3-year warranty.

ven

Flashaholic

high-end Fenix costing silly pounds does the same job as a light from Aldi costing a few quid with the added bonus of a 3-year warranty.

Please direct me to the low cost aldi light that can match

:whistle:

;)