Anybody else Broke?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course! Sometimes deciding between computer hardware and flashlights is extremely difficult. This month Flashlights won out, due to other expenses that precluded getting any computer hardware. Next month I won't be getting anything (big book order to pay for).

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Broke is a relative term....he is one of my closest relatives.
Buy more lights, sell more lights, buy more lights, sell more lights. And on and on and ...........

mut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm kinda bent. My Grandmother finally passed on Monday morning. My Sister went into the Hospital today.
I bought a light today (SL 4AA Xenon) but it is going back! I mailed off a money order to Dat2Zip for some stuff.

Yep, severly bent... but not quite broke.

Bill.H

Enlightened
But at least we all have flashlights. Imagine being so broke you didn't have any? Not us, we'd just skip meals.

Anyway, I'm not recovered from Christmas yet. But tomorrow is payday and I'll finally send in my CPF donation and I just put myself on the waiting list for the ElektroLumens XM2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Samoan

Enlightened
A buddy of mine recently said to me, after seeing my last couple knife and light purchases, "If I hear you complain about being short on money in the next couple weeks I'm going to kick you in the nuggets." Translation: It is my *choice* to spend a couple hundred on my favored toys. Of course this same buddy just spent $2300 on a dog...

-F

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course I'm broke, I'm a student!

Still..that doesn't change the fact that I just spent £120 on a laptop, and am contemplating changing cars again (Though doing so shouldn't actually cost me anything overall - should be able to get £400 for the current one, and pay £250-300 for the next one as I'm looking for something older thanks to insurance).

I don't think I'm any more broke than the next guy though. Sure, I do tend to spend a lot of money (relatively) on things I don't need, but on the same note, I don't spend money on drinking or smoking, or going out to nightclubs and the like. So I guess that kind of balances things out.