Anybody notice the east coast quake?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I felt it when i was at my PC on here and my chair and screen started shaking, I thought it was a helicopter that flew over but saw nothing. Until i got a call from my my parents asking if i felt that did i know what it was.

Radiophile

Enlightened
Woke me up (I work 3rd shift) and freaked me out a little. It felt like someone was shaking my bed to wake me up, but I live alone. As I was headed outside in my boxers and t-shirt with my house gun, it stopped shaking.

I grew up near a quarry and I'm kind of used to a short shake here and there. This was not the first earthquake I've experienced in this area, but it was easily the strongest. I was surprised to hear the epicenter was in VA.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
As I was headed outside in my boxers and t-shirt with my house gun, it stopped shaking.

The radio guy is supposed to be the one who grabs a radio :p

It seems to be some sort of instinctive thing though; best Twitter post of the event so far: "As a Texan, I had no concept of how to react to this. I desperately grasped for a firearm so I could shoot at the earthquake and then, finding none, fled into the streets. Not my proudest moment."

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Well, that Texas feller musta left home at an early age.

Reckon' most of us Texans would mentally go "WTF?" and draw our side-arm. Not that there's anything to shewt but it's a natural reaction.

Then dependin' on whether stuff was fallin' down or not we'd either saunter over and lean against tha' inside of a door frame or saunter outside and stand there calmly watchin' ever'one else run around like beheaded chickins'.

It's ingrained for a lot startin' early. Stay calm. Do all the screamin and fearin' inside yer noggin' but never let no one else see it.

React fast. Shoot 'em, knock 'em silly or knock 'em out, stop the bleedin' if needed and don't spill yer beer or no one else' beer.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can truly say now that I can "sleep through an earthquake" because that's exactly what happened.

Last edited:

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work nights and was laying in bed half asleep a little before 2pm yesterday. I felt the bed shake, and thought I must still be asleep and dreaming, when I got up a few minutes later and read the news online about the earthquake, I realized what happened. It is only the 2nd time I've felt an earthquake here in central Ohio. The last time was about 30 years ago.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of us work nights? Kind of goes along with our flashlight obsession I suppose. Why be awake during most of the annoying daylight hours when there is so much natural light outside, when you can be up all night and use your own flashlight? :D

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I want to know why so many CPFers were lying in bed at 2PM on a Tuesday.
I work at home, and set my own schedule. During the summer I prefer to avoid as much of the hottest part of the day as possible. Usually I get to bed at 6 or 7 AM, and wake about 2 or 3 PM. Besides, the night is too beautiful a thing to waste sleeping through it. :)