Anyone think you're weird?

My coworkers have thought I was weird for decades.

I think outside the box, so I don't act like they do nor dress like they do. So when they come in wearing a sling from dislocating their shoulder sliding into 3rd base in a game of softball that's ok. But when I wear one from sliding into 3rd in a game of adult kickball I'm the weird guy.

When I look around the room and see 4 fellows with the exact same color blue shirt and tan pants, I'm the weird guy for not.

Nowadays when the guy with his designer hanky that matches his purple silk socks with decorations that look like Easter eggs see I have 2 flashlights on my desk... I'm the weird guy.

I sit back and smile knowing...
Chicks dig the weird guy. lol

I thought those designer hankies were only for backdrops when taking pictures of your expensive knives and flashlights. :)

~ Chance

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yeah I saw that on facebook posts and pondered how come you and I didn't think to go to WalMart and buy some decorative cloth and start making high end hankys.

"Hanky's by Chance" has a nice ring to it.

Mine would be called "shop rags" lol

harro

Enlightened
I assume the designer hankies in the back pocket hanging out slightly, has the same meaning as it does over here......

As far as torches go, yes,

' that dude with all the torches '
' the bloke that can light up all his street and then some '
' the go to person in a power failure situation '
' that nut with all the torches '
' why would you pay $20 for a torch? '
' why would you pay $300 for a torch? '
' you paid HOW MUCH for that ( wife, generally )? '

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah I saw that on facebook posts and pondered how come you and I didn't think to go to WalMart and buy some decorative cloth and start making high end hankys.

"Hanky's by Chance" has a nice ring to it.

Mine would be called "shop rags" lol

Our slogan could be, Need a Hanky, by Chance?

From Caddy Shack, "I have a Hanky and a shop rag. I think the shop rag would be good for you."

We could sell em in a two-pack.

~ Chance

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
The GF also finds it amusing that i can't sleep soundly unless i have at least 500 lumens within arms reach at all times :devil:

the GF found it amusing that i can't sleep soundly unless i have at least a mossberg 500 within arms reach at all times, just live your life and be happy about it.

At first they thought I was weird, just like going to work and in the break room found out that while most of us carry folders someone carried a Ka-bar and was using it to negotiate frozen pizza. After while you realize beyond the tattoo and buzz cut the guy is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Their opinions about me changed during blackouts [we routinely blow breakers because this place was never meant to run a 5HP phase converter], or trying to troubleshoot something in a dark corner, or inside a closet. I quickly became indispensable, people start to call me the guy with the flashlight. I have since spread the disease if you would to nearby peers by buying them lights. 3AAA defiant LED lights from home depot is cheap, rip out the lousy bluish purple leds and mod decent 3500K stars in. They actually look pretty professional and resemble incandescents.... after awhile I used and carry these loaners.

By the way, if you're in the market for low cost warm white LEDs mounted to 20mm Stars in the 3000K range thats compatible with XP-G/E/L l optics, SSC Z-Power LEDs are worth a look.
http://www.ledsupply.com/leds/seoul-z-power-led

Last edited:

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
LOL yes, and not only that. The fact I have all kinds of stuff like SCBAs, geiger counters etc.. I have the Ultimate Mancave LOL. My wife does not even enter this room.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. So having a few hundred lights and 3 or 4 batteries for each...does make me weird.
Having more eneloops than AA & AAA lights combined...does make me weird.
Having more battery chargers than knives(and I have a lot of knives)...does make me weird.
In a world where a lot of marriages end in divorce and I just celebrated 35 years with my better half...I am definitely weird. As Tommy Lasorda once said "the secret to a long and happy marriage is lots of drinking, dining and dancing. My wife goes every Monday, Wednesday & Friday and I go every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.....

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Yes, anyone who know about my flashlight hobbie think that I'm weird.
But it's not the only reason 😂😂

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
My friends definitely think I'm weird for spending what I do on lights, but at night they are quick to say "can I see your flashlight" hypocrisy at its best cause during the day it's weird that I like lights.

I'm currently working a power plant outage and I showed a few of my lights to a boilermaker on site and he came in today with a olight mini baton copper so he's bit by the bug. There are people out there ( nonmembers) that don't find it weird they usually are far less vocal about it than the ones that do tho.

Hoodzy

Newly Enlightened
Im 19, So its funny when i go too a party or out, Ill usually have a flashlight on me at all times, Alot of people know me and they love it hahaha, I will always use my strobe if im at a party or out drinking with mates :p
I always come across people asking where they can get decent torches from aswell xD
Trust me weird is good ;)
This is a pic of me using my thrunite at a table lighting up a glass beer bottle, haha
18157333_792472150920533_3145402227308082814_n.jpg