Arc-AAA/AA Delays..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since Buba started it...
Make the tail like the AA but use thicker walls to minimise the wear from the ring. If the tubular construction gets Mag's panties in a bunch, increase the head size 5% so it would be easier to turn on. Convert to the rear tailcap concept to turn the light on (like Gerber will do with the Ultra)
This way, the light will look unique, be more durable and usable... sounds like a win/win to me.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want it any longer or thicker then it is now. I don't want it any brighter if runtime is sacrificed. The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a flatter discharge rate. I tend to replace the battery when the Arc gets moderately dim but there is still life left in the cell.

Are there indeed available brighter LEDs about the same size and power draw as the current one used in the Arc AAA?

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
I don't want it any longer or thicker then it is now. I don't want it any brighter if runtime is sacrificed. The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a flatter discharge rate. I tend to replace the battery when the Arc gets moderately dim but there is still life left in the cell.

Are there indeed available brighter LEDs about the same size and power draw as the current one used in the Arc AAA?

[/ QUOTE ]

A AAA Luxeon, ran at these lower currents would be more efficient, and would only add about 4-5 dollars to the cost, in what I would assume were peter's volume levels.

Starting to sound alot like a FireFly now.

NickA

Newly Enlightened
Peter

Arc is a company with great products and will enjoy my continued support. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I am waiting on the AA/AAA to become available and will buy them when they do, no rush.

I hope things pick up.

cheers, Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.