Brightest single AA led keyring light?

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
rabbit said:
Is there other AAAs brighter than ARC AAAP?!
An Arc AAA modified with a Luxeon. I bought one on B/S/T. It runs at 350 mA to the LED, but has a run time of only about 30 minutes at that level. They do come up for sale here occasionally for 50$ to $60.

Paul

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
PaulW said:
An Arc AAA modified with a Luxeon. I bought one on B/S/T. It runs at 350 mA to the LED, but has a run time of only about 30 minutes at that level. They do come up for sale here occasionally for 50$ to $60.

Paul

I think this well be the one to have,

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1178282&postcount=47

Peak seem's to be on a roll, and a luxI w/ a warrenty etc is gonna be a very nice deal.(nothing against modder's mind you, just assuring to have a production lux/AAA.) VDG

CLHC

Flashaholic
I've also seen a MagLite Solitaire modified with what looks to be a Luxeon LED in it, and let me tell you that it IS BRIGHT! I'll have to track down where I saw it and who had it.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
I've also seen a MagLite Solitaire modified with what looks to be a Luxeon LED in it, and let me tell you that it IS BRIGHT! I'll have to track down where I saw it and who had it.

S2K had them and LED_ASAP had some pretty nice ones many here talk favorably of. I am waiting to here from lamda about his kit using his small modded pill. I have tried to see about converter board's that would fit my mod's, but no luck,,+ I am still a not much past the 5mm/3.7 li ion mod's I do.This stuff is tuff (for me anyway) to work on being so small. VDG

Last edited:

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr wrote: "The Chinese AAA light is not going to be anywhere near as powerful as a Fenix. That would be ridiculous. It looks like a terrific bargain, but doesn't try to be anything other than an economical 5mm light whose brightness is similar to other 5mm lights."

paulr is right about the Chinese AAA "clone" - take a look at the comparison -

1LED 1xAAA "clone"?

I think part of the confusion stems from the fact the eBay advert/title actually says -

Finally, 1 Watt LED 1 Regular AAA Torch Flashlight Wow!

Latest posts