Bunny and the Snake

Greta

Flashaholic
*snicker*... you guys are gonna like this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Once upon a time in a nice little forest, there lived an orphaned
>bunny and an orphaned snake. By a surprising coincidence, both were blind
>from birth.
>
> One day, the bunny was hopping through the forest, and the snake was
>slithering through the forest, when the bunny tripped over the snake and
>fell down. This, of course, knocked the snake about quite a bit.
>
> "Oh, my," said the bunny, "I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to hurt
>you. I've been blind since birth, so, I can't see where I'm going. In fact,
>since I'm also an orphan, I don't even know what I am."
>
> "It's quite OK," replied the snake. "Actually, my story is much the
>same as yours. I, too, have been blind since birth, and also never knew my
>mother. Tell you what, maybe I could slither all over you, and work out
>what you are, so at least you'll have that going for you."
>
> "Oh, that would be wonderful" replied the bunny. So the snake
>slithered all over the bunny, and said, "Well, you're covered with soft
>fur; you have really long ears; your nose twitches; and you have a soft
>cottony tail. I'd say that you must be a bunny rabbit."
>
> "Oh, thank you! Thank you," cried the bunny, in great excitement.
>The bunny suggested to the snake, "Maybe I could feel you all over with my
>paw, and help you the same way that you've helped me."
>
> So the bunny felt the snake all over, and remarked, "Well, you're
>smooth and slippery, and you have a forked tongue, no backbone and no
>balls.. I'd say you must be French."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

leddite

Enlightened
i find that to be stereotyped and hurtful of my heritage.

heh heh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

leddite

Enlightened
the least of which, the french are frogs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

those with the forked tongue are they what boned the
american indians.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

but snakes DO have backbones, AND balls..so, I don't get it.
..oh, and I am offended.
..for the snakes.
hssss.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dissing snakes. I guess that makes me everyones' enemy, since my Symbol is Narayana (7 headed Cobra and the 3 Fold Flame). Except in monotheism, the Serpent has always symbolized Wisdom.

Besides, I happen to use and Like, Mandrake Linux, which is the French distribution (SuSe is German and Redhat is American). Linux itself is from Finland (Linus Torvalds is from Finland).

Besides, in that 'joke', I see the ugly heads of the ethnic hatred Beast!

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever, get over it.
The French seemto forget that they haven't been a world power in almost 200 years, and that the bigest effect they've had on the world in the 20th Century was getting invaded by Germany twice. They don't see a danger from Iraq. Are they really that blind (and they didn't see a danger from Germany until German soldiers were taking snapshots in front of the Eiffel Tower either), are they trying to have some power in the world and the EU by trying to block the US? Or could it be the financial ties they have to Iraq? Are they afraid that some chemical weapons manufacturing equipment will have the instruction manual written in French? It was France wasn't it that sold Iraq the components to make it's nuclear reacter capable of making weapons grade uranium? What does the 2nd largest oil producer in the world need one single nuclear reacter for?
Q: How many French troops does it take to defend Paris?
A: Nobody knows, it hasn't happened yet.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
hm ...
just a remark: you make nasty jokes about others (not that it wasn't funny though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and tell the offended ones to "get over it".
on the other hand if a French would post something like this about the USA I wouldn't want to be around for the howls of hatred...
just a thought ...
bernhard

lightnix

Enlightened
It is said that Mahatma Gandhi was once asked, "What is your opinion of American civilisation ?"

He replied, "I think it would be an excellent idea."

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
hm ...
just a remark: you make nasty jokes about others (not that it wasn't funny though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and tell the offended ones to "get over it".
on the other hand if a French would post something like this about the USA I wouldn't want to be around for the howls of hatred...
just a thought ...
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, My Dad is from France, and he feels the same way about the French as most of the folks here. So do a bunch of other French Americans, including one I know who took is oath of citizenship on Guadacanal

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone upset should just replace the generic word "French" with the name of a specific french president.

And we'll hope that he doesn't represent the average Frenchman.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lightnix

Enlightened
Don't forget: the Statue of Liberty was a gift from France to America. Will you be sending it back now ?

WaltH

Enlightened
Can anyone here tell me how many Americans are buried on French soil? They all died there defending the French. Do you really think a statue (edited because I can't type) makes up for it?

If we had it all to do over again, I'm sure we'd do the same thing. Hitler was a monster, and so is Saddam.

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
WaltH said:
Can anyone here tell me how many Americans are buried on French soil? They all died there defending the French. Do you really think a stature makes up for it?

If we had it all to do over again, I'm sure we'd do the same thing. Hitler was a monster, and so is Saddam.

[/ QUOTE ]
74,000 U.S. servicemen and women from World War I and World War II are buried in American cemeteries in France and Belgium
- American Battle Monuments Commission (abmc.gov)

Looking at it another way, that's 23 times as many dead Americans as at the WTC.

If we had to do it all over again, I'm tempted to say let Germany keep it... they deserve each other right now. (I'd still want to see Hitler taken out, of course)

Anyway, great joke, Sasha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lightnix

Enlightened
America probably could not have won its freedom from the British during the American Revolution without the help of the French. France provided arms, ships, money, and men to the American colonies. Some Frenchmen - most notably the Marquis de Lafayette, a close friend of George Washington - even became high-ranking officers in the American army.

Almost 100 years later in 1865, several French intellectuals, opposed to the oppressive regime of Napoleon III, were at a small dinner party discussing their admiration for America's success in establishing a democratic government and abolishing slavery at the end of the Civil War. During the evening, talk turned to the close historic ties and love of liberty the two nations shared. The dinner was hosted by Edouard Rene Lefebvre de Laboulaye. Laboulaye was a scholar, jurist, abolitionist and a leader of the "liberals," the political group dedicated to establishing a French republican government modeled on America's constitution. Laboulaye noted there was "a genuine flow of sympathy" between the two nations, and called France and America "the two sisters."

Sometime later that evening Laboulaye commented, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if people in France gave the United States a great monument as a lasting memorial to independence and thereby showed that the French government was also dedicated to the idea of human liberty?"

So was sown the seed of inspiration that would become the Statue of Liberty...

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, that is a very nice touchy-feely article, describing our past relationship with france.

however, current events show that the french are being *******s to the US.

i cannot believe they stood up for saddam, sold him weapons, cut deals with him, etc.

therefore, they french can french-kiss my butt.

Bob

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok... I posted this as just a cute little joke. I never intended for it to get into a full scale History-of-France and "Let's-bash-the-crap-outta-the-French" topic. Let's do more laughing... please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I'm part French in my lineage, and I find that joke...

*giggle*

Excuse me. I find that joke...

*giggle, snort*

Pardon. I find that joke to be...

*snort, chuckle, cough*

Nevermind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

leddite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pedalinbob said:
yeah, that is a very nice touchy-feely article, describing our past relationship with france.
however, current events show that the french are being *******s to the US.
i cannot believe they stood up for saddam, sold him weapons, cut deals with him, etc.
therefore, they french can french-kiss my butt.
Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that's a bit simple. we had rather strong ties with iraq in the near past, and sold them stuff too (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/16/national/16BIO.html) as well as other goodies, including IIRC, 12 General Electric made reactors. among other toys. heck, we even trained some of them.

things change, political ties are retied, poop happens. we tend to forget we're all connected in this. i could go on for hours, i won't.

jokes:

Q: how many flies does it take to screw in a light bulb (remember those?)
A: two, but you have to figure out how to get them inside first (a mod!)

Once upon a time, the world's second best living juggler died, and found himself in heaven. while being given the tour, he saw THE best juggler in the world doing amazing things that were impossible on earth and was very confused as he didn't realize he had also died. the tour guide said "oh, that's god, he wishes he were that guy"

Q: how many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb.
A: only one, but the lightbult has to WANT to change.