C2 Centurion

Outrider212

Newly Enlightened
How close of attention do those of you who run 18650's and the like, to the battery voltage for recharging? Started doing research on Li-ion cells and I'm not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole if I need to monitor voltages that much/often. Can I get away with a quality charger from Nitecore and just recharge when the light dies? I see many newer lights have built in charge indicators but the old C2 doesnt.

scout24

Flashaholic
For the M61N you have on order, a protected 16650 puts out plenty of amperage to run the module. The protection circuit won't let the battery over discharge, and any decent charger won't over charge your cell. I'd charge my 16650, turn on a light and a stopwatch at the same time, and run it until it shuts down so you have a good idea of total runtime you can expect on a charged cell.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great thing to find in an old bag! Lots of great suggestions already posted - please show us a picture if you can!

gravelrash

Enlightened
This thread makes me want to get out my C2 and accessorize it. Just when I thought I was done spending flashlight money for the month...

Outrider212

Newly Enlightened
16650 ordered, along with a Nitecore F2 charger.

What mods have you all done to the C2?

scout24

Flashaholic
I hesitate to recommend mods without seeing a pic of your light first. If it's an old "crosshairs" logo, anything quasi-permanent may lower value. A McClicky tailcap kit for the original tailcap or a replacement with a clicky already in place, another common mod is a new bezel ring to protect your stock head. You'd most likely need a bezel wrench to remove the old one.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
+1 on pics needed first; my particular thing are the oldest "3-flats" C's - so few of them around compared to the revised "4-flats" models.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
The C2 remains one of the most eye-catching lights ever.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
47209047241_ae4965f7d9_c.jpg
[/FONT]

ven

Flashaholic
Agreed:) I love the design, but I am also torn with the z2 as well. Maybe both are my fav medium size surefire flashlights.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Agreed:) I love the design, but I am also torn with the z2 as well. Maybe both are my fav medium size surefire flashlights.

I prefer the Z2. But it's really six of one, half-dozen of the other.

scout24

Flashaholic
Outrider- That's a newer production light, mod away! :) The value there is as a solid user, they're not as rare as the older style. Just as cool, though.